ATR's staying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

Spoke with an FO this morning who had his jet training award rescinded. He showed me the company email, which really didn't give any information other than his already awarded bid had been taken away from him.

He's senior to me, and a pretty senior FO on the A/C.

And let's not forget ATR pilots are flying dogs compared to RJ pilots.
Dyslexia....... 10 out of 8 pylets haves it.......
bouyyyyyyyyyyy.....

I thought it was supposed to leave in July, but don't have anything official on that...

I really hope the ATR stays because I will be returning from military leave in Feb 2010 and the last thing I want to do is to have to go to a CRJ transition. I enjoyed flying the ATR as much as I am enjoying flying the UH-1V on active duty.

ATR's are going soon...i heard rather than 2 a month through the year for retirement, they will do 3-4 a month later this year.
JB, the ATR's program manager is now flying a CRJ-200..that should be enough proof that the ATR is leaving soon!

ATR's are going soon...i heard rather than 2 a month through the year for retirement, they will do 3-4 a month later this year.
JB, the ATR's program manager is now flying a CRJ-200..that should be enough proof that the ATR is leaving soon!

It's well known that JB is getting his time in on the 200...Woody too. In fact, it was just plain weird to hear Woody checking in on the freq - not in an ATR.

On that note, I've heard from several sources that JB is reworking the RJ training department to make it more like the ATR. No matter who you talk to (that knows anything about ASA), the ATR training department is well known as an excellent training department. I've heard this from guys that came over from the jet, even. I've heard from several guys, both prop and jet, that this will be an upgrade for the jet training department.

The CBTs are gone, and the curriculum is getting an ATR-i-zation.

The ATR is an airline within an airline at ASA. I'm going to miss this environment when I'm ultimatetly assimilated into the 'astro-not' culture... [hopefully not too soon.]

Yup, dyslexia I got...

Tell ya what...hang out on your front porch and someone will be along to deliver your mule and 40 acres anytime now...

ATR training was through and fun. I don't think anyone would have gotten the electrical system just by reading to manual. The way it was taught is class made it so simple. Those guys made the CFI to 121 transition a lot easier.

Latest resources

Back