ATP's CFI Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeechScrub

Has anyone out there completed ATP's CFI Program? I want to do the initial CFI, CFII, and MEI and I am looking for a place to do it as quickly and cheaply as possible. I would appreciate any information about anyone's experience with this program.

BeechScrub

I looked into it about a year ago and the only way you can do the intial CFI at ALL ATPs is if you do their career training program zero time-commercial with them otherwise the CFII and MEI were the only CFI rating you could do. May have changed. Check their web site. www.allatps.com

Yeah, I looked into it then, too. They have changed it. You can do the CFI Program without going through the whole flight training program now. Also, you do the MEI initial first, then the CFII, and finish with the SE add-on. They do the courses in the reverse order of how it is traditionally done. I was just wondering what the instructors and examiners are like, and perhaps what the pass rate it is. I emailed ATP about a month ago and got the typical recruiter reply to my questions, not much help as to what the course it really like.

BeechScrub

I think that their approach is quite novel and is probably the best way to go if you are a high time guy that never got around to becoming a flight instructor.

I would be a bit cautious if you are low time/low experience.

Their are folks out there that do not believe in accelerated training that will probably give this a "thumbs down." I disagree, I think accelerated training works. Besides, it's the least expensive way to get your ratings.

throttlejoecky

BeechScrub,

When did they change it? I talked to someone there a couple of days ago and they said that #1, you can't get your single commercial through them, #2 the process was CFI, CFII, and MEI. They have also jerked me around for about 2 weeks now b/c they can't give me a price quote b/c the price they advertise now ends at the end of March.

I don't know when exactly it changed, but it was more than a month ago. If you look at their website, you will see the change and what the prerequisites are. The email I received from their recruiting dept. states that they do the initial CFI in the Seminole, then the CFII in the Seminole, and the SE add-on in a 172. It sounds logical since their primary focus is multi-engine instruction.

BeechScrub

I worked there about five years ago, and that is how they did it then. You get all of your ratings in a Seminole first, so that you can log as much multi-pic as possible while getting your other ratings. It works great doing it backwards, as I got my instrument instructor first (not at ATP), then added multi instructor, and last did single engine in a 152. It really works pretty well. Hope this helps you guys.

That sounds really good. I don't know about my source of information. I think I've talked to the same guy each time I've called. Has anyone called within the last few days to check out their price? I was interested in going in late April and the guy told me not to expect the current rate of $3995. He told me Wednesday that it would be a week or so before he could tell me. Any info would be great.

Also, the guy I was talking to said that I couldn't get my single engine commercial add-on there. Is that true?

Yes, that is correct. The single-engine commercial certificate is one of the prerequisites for the program.

BeechScrub

Latest resources

Back