• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP Practical Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Active duty military (overseas) with ATP written complete looking for advice on an outfit that does a package to get the ATP practical complete. Has to be in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia area. Maybe McCord guys have some gouge, looking to do a program with a few hours flying prep, ground prep and then take the practical over a couple of days. Any gouge is appreciated, Thanks!

ATP Flight Schools (All ATP's) http://www.atpflightschool.com/programs/programs_atp.html
based at TIW (or a variety of aother bases around the US) may be the quickest route, they "specialize" in exactly what you're after.
Gavin at BFI used to have a program, but I guess they are now Landmark brand FBO. I'm sure there are plenty of others around the area.
I'm sure you're already aware, but, you definitely want to get this done before the rules change at the end of July.

Last edited:
340drvr: I see that ATP Flight School is all over the internets for this specialty like you said. Some of their locations offer this option (2, 4 and 5 day prep) and some do not (Portland and TIW are new it appears and do not yet). And yes, the July deadline is looming over my head, and exactly why I am heading back to do this qual on RnR. Thanks!

Doh! I see that now, they don't offer the ATP certificate program in the PNW. (That's actually pretty lame, IMHO). I actually took my checkride with them back when their "Portland" base was at Salem, but that's old news.
I said "Gavin" in my first post, I meant Galvin, and they have a website, looks like they are still in business, with a flight school, I'd give them a call. Looks like they have a branch at Auburn, too.
Snohomish, Renton, Everett, Puyallup, all have busy flight schools, but since I haven't been to BFI in awhile, maybe I should shut up and let somebody who lives there chime in!
Good luck!

340drvr: I see that ATP Flight School is all over the internets for this specialty like you said. Some of their locations offer this option (2, 4 and 5 day prep) and some do not (Portland and TIW are new it appears and do not yet). And yes, the July deadline is looming over my head, and exactly why I am heading back to do this qual on RnR. Thanks!

Find an ALLATPS location and go there. It only takes 3 or 4 days. They have it down to a science and if a plane breaks they have another one to take its place.

Latest resources

Back