• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mostly...unless u r extended, or your training falls on days off....u can lose days off due to training or vacation, which I think is crap!

Mostly...unless u r extended, or your training falls on days off....u can lose days off due to training or vacation, which I think is crap!

Is it basically an on-demand schedule when you're one the road or do you know your schedule sometime before with the understanding that it's "subject to change"? I'm assuming it probably varies.

I'll do a search too.

You have a bidline awarded but must understand that it's only really a footprint of workdays. It may stay the same (probably not) or it may change (probably will).

whats the pay? just curious

Here's an example 747 schedule:

Bidder was 50ish %tile of bidders in the base (JFK).
Was awarded their #1 choice of line.

60 Day Award (about half of the lines were 30 days, and half were 60 days):

Off: 2 Mar.
Notes:
1. Coming off of an 8 day trip.
1. Home on afternoon of 1Mar, so home 2 nights, 2 days until leave for Trip One.
2. Minimum days off block is 5 days, but this requirement was waived to give more flexibility for getting awarded more lines.

Trip One: 3Mar - 17Mar.
Notes:
1. Sched to airline out 3Mar, airline home 17Mar.
2. Trip starts at McGuire AFB and ends in MIA, except won't happen.
3. Training sched 10Mar, so the above Trip (travel schedule, destinations, etc.) will all change. It will probably show R1 (reserve at home) for the whole thing except the training, then scheduling will build up a trip using the work days around the training event on 10Mar. The training will not be pushed back one month, as that happened last month and this is the grace month, so it has to be done now.

Off: 18Mar - 29Mar.
Notes:
1. 13 days off in a row. Normal.
2. Kid has vacation and the travel schedule is 20Mar - 29Mar, so this vacation will work great without using any vacation days.

Trip Two: 30Mar - 6Apr.
Notes:
1. Sched to airline out 30Mar and probably airline home 6Apr.
2. Trip starts in Charleston and ends in JFK.
3. This trip probably won't change...going to very small European town with nothing to do there.

Off: 7Apr - 15Apr.
Notes:.
1. 10 days off (probably...may get home on 7th and 9 days off).

Trip Three: 16Apr - 26Apr.
Notes:
1. Sched to airline out 16Apr and airline home 26Apr.
2. Trip starts at Mcguire AFB and ends in ANC or JFK.
3. US-Europe-ME-Asia-US.

Off: 27Apr - 30Apr.
Notes:
1. 3-5 days off, depending on the trip ending ANC/JFK or elsewhere, and if travel day for the next trip is 30Apr or 1 Mar. If you want you can ask for the min 5 days off, and you will get it.

Bid Award Notes:
1. Awarded credit is 75 hours each month, but that will change. We don't have line guarantee (not guaranteed the min 75 hours of credit awarded...could be min of 62 hours). Rumour is Mgmt knows they have to give us Line Guarantee in the next contract (along with retirement increase).

2. Could end up more or less than 75 hours each month.

3.. Could have gotten a 30 day line. That was line choice #2.

4.. Could have gotten "Outbase" for Apr (not in Mar, I think, because of the scheduled training event), which means you work the whole month. I think the min guarantee for that is 140 credit hours.

4. Next bid is end of Apr, when can bid for either May (30 day line) or May/Jun (60 day line).

If you want to post questions, or PM questions, fire away. I try to help.

Here's an example 747 schedule:

Bidder was 50ish %tile of bidders in the base (JFK).
Was awarded their #1 choice of line.

60 Day Award (about half of the lines were 30 days, and half were 60 days):

Off: 2 Mar.
Notes:
1. Coming off of an 8 day trip.
1. Home on afternoon of 1Mar, so home 2 nights, 2 days until leave for Trip One.
2. Minimum days off block is 5 days, but this requirement was waived to give more flexibility for getting awarded more lines.

Trip One: 3Mar - 17Mar.
Notes:
1. Sched to airline out 3Mar, airline home 17Mar.
2. Trip starts at McGuire AFB and ends in MIA, except won't happen.
3. Training sched 10Mar, so the above Trip (travel schedule, destinations, etc.) will all change. It will probably show R1 (reserve at home) for the whole thing except the training, then scheduling will build up a trip using the work days around the training event on 10Mar. The training will not be pushed back one month, as that happened last month and this is the grace month, so it has to be done now.

Off: 18Mar - 29Mar.
Notes:
1. 13 days off in a row. Normal.
2. Kid has vacation and the travel schedule is 20Mar - 29Mar, so this vacation will work great without using any vacation days.

Trip Two: 30Mar - 6Apr.
Notes:
1. Sched to airline out 30Mar and probably airline home 6Apr.
2. Trip starts in Charleston and ends in JFK.
3. This trip probably won't change...going to very small European town with nothing to do there.

Off: 7Apr - 15Apr.
Notes:.
1. 10 days off (probably...may get home on 7th and 9 days off).

Trip Three: 16Apr - 26Apr.
Notes:
1. Sched to airline out 16Apr and airline home 26Apr.
2. Trip starts at Mcguire AFB and ends in ANC or JFK.
3. US-Europe-ME-Asia-US.

Off: 27Apr - 30Apr.
Notes:
1. 3-5 days off, depending on the trip ending ANC/JFK or elsewhere, and if travel day for the next trip is 30Apr or 1 Mar. If you want you can ask for the min 5 days off, and you will get it.

Bid Award Notes:
1. Awarded credit is 75 hours each month, but that will change. We don't have line guarantee (not guaranteed the min 75 hours of credit awarded...could be min of 62 hours). Rumour is Mgmt knows they have to give us Line Guarantee in the next contract (along with retirement increase).

2. Could end up more or less than 75 hours each month.

3.. Could have gotten a 30 day line. That was line choice #2.

4.. Could have gotten "Outbase" for Apr (not in Mar, I think, because of the scheduled training event), which means you work the whole month. I think the min guarantee for that is 140 credit hours.

4. Next bid is end of Apr, when can bid for either May (30 day line) or May/Jun (60 day line).

If you want to post questions, or PM questions, fire away. I try to help.

Thanks cliff, this is very informative and helped a lot.

Any idea what a typical month out of HSV looks like?

Latest resources

Back