• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI and ABX Merging

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what you are saying is that it would be alright for all of the 8's to go on the ABX certificate and have ABX fly them? I think that is why it would be in the best interest for the groups to become one. Although the company would not want that to happen, of course. Your shoes, they just own the field you want to run on. You guys know how this game works. No skin off my teeth.

I didnt say anything about it being alright. All three companies are going to exist to serve the needs of ATSG. How the airplanes get moved around is really out of our hands.

ATI is still going to do bax and military charters, it has its buisness, Capital has its buisness with BAX and DHL, and ABX will have their buisness. I dont think ABX will be able to operate all of its aircraft in a charter market. If they can Im sure they will. But if their is a surplus and ATI has a need for the military or something like that, Im sure the surplus aircraft will be moved over there.

Its not to ATSGs advantage just to shut down one carrier and wrap all the assests up into the remaing carrier.

Dual qual aircraft. Could be just as easy to put the 75's on ATI or ABX certificate. And they already are putting the groups against each other. Part of the selling you speak of.

I think we can agree that capital is the cheaper airline to operate. If they really wanted to pit one against the other they would put the 76s on capitals certificate. Thats not happening.

Fox has owned the 76s for several (probably about 3) years. They were always slated for ATI. Never had intentions of putting them on with Capital. If he wanted to operate the aircraft on the cheaper certificate he could have. If he wanted to grow the cheaper airline he could have.

Capital has had a contract for a couple of years for 6 75s out of MIA. 2 would be operated in Capital colors 4 in DHL colors operated by central american crews. This hasnt changed. Unless Bax has an interest or they find along term contract for another, 2 75s are all we are getting.

If ATSG really wanted to pit everyone against each other they could put a 76 on capitals ops specs. We already have a 75, really how hard would be to add a 76. Fact is since CHI has been formed neither capital nor ati have been pitted against each other in any way. We dont even share ground support in the out stations. Completely separate. Thats why I do believe ABX will be kept seperate, with its own operation.

There's this company in Atlanta, Ford and Harrison LLP http://www.fordharrison.com/showarea.aspx?Show=546 , their bread and butter is this kind of stuff.

All 3 airlines are currently in contract negotiations. ABX's new contract will be concessionary, and will pretty much have to be in place shortly after DHL/DPWN pulls the plug. Any bets on how soon the carrots start getting dangled and the downward race begins?

Thankfully, David Bourne said he's not going to let that happen between ATI and ABX.

Last edited:
I think we can agree that capital is the cheaper airline to operate. If they really wanted to pit one against the other they would put the 76s on capitals certificate. Thats not happening.

Fox has owned the 76s for several (probably about 3) years. They were always slated for ATI. Never had intentions of putting them on with Capital. If he wanted to operate the aircraft on the cheaper certificate he could have. If he wanted to grow the cheaper airline he could have.

Capital has had a contract for a couple of years for 6 75s out of MIA. 2 would be operated in Capital colors 4 in DHL colors operated by central american crews. This hasnt changed. Unless Bax has an interest or they find along term contract for another, 2 75s are all we are getting.

You are right. I hope the best for all involved. Just playing what if's. Much like your contract language that is there for what could happen. If it already has happened or in the works, you are already screwed and can't stop the momentum.

Every thing is what ifs. Nobody knows, except we can all agree that some of these ceo's are really screwed up individuals that should be in jail.

All Im saying is that capital could have been pitted against ati a long time ago. It didnt happen. I dont think it would take ford & harrison to figure out how easy it would be to pit us against each other.

I just dont think thats the plan

Would the ABX bro's fly our freight if ATI or Cappy go on strike (definitely possible)? Maybe it wont come to that but it's a question we have to ask. What say the prophet leader "David Bourne" or "David Koresh" whoever this guy is.

Last edited:
Every thing is what ifs. Nobody knows, except we can all agree that some of these ceo's are really screwed up individuals that should be in jail.

All Im saying is that capital could have been pitted against ati a long time ago. It didnt happen. I dont think it would take ford & harrison to figure out how easy it would be to pit us against each other.

I just dont think thats the plan

Again, you need to become more familar with your "new" boss JH.

Again, you need to become more familar with your "new" boss JH.

maybe Im wrong but couldnt JH just take the stance that astar is taking and shut the doors on ABX move all the aircraft to capital or ati and let them chase contracts ?

If he really wanted to make money he could shift the aircraft to capital (by far the cheaper labor group) and operate that way. Wouldnt even cost much to get the 76s on the certificate.

What makes everyone think ABX pilots are in any hurry to end up ATI or Cappy's list or at your pay scales.When it is all said and done most of us would quit rather than work for half. You are going to be bidding on the same work ABX is while flying mostly 3 man and 3-4 engine gas hogs. The plan at ABX is 25 to 30 767 with cargo doors. We already have 19. With some adjustment to work rules ie: 13 days off instaed of 15 no more sick no charge while on reserve, 401k only instead of a DB plan, my pay remains the same and ABX can still be cheaper than most operators out there. Watchout what you wish for, if you do not think ATSG is not going to play us off each other you better get your know your new boss better.
Still not cheaper than Cappy. 727 burns less fuel than 767. Domestic loads are perfect fit for the aircraft size. Aircraft are relatively young and in good shape. Parts are free. Labor is cheap. Performance is outstanding. 757 will replace the 727, not the 767. You just cant undercut this scumbag outfit. At least thats what i've been hearing. Very Very sad!!!!

Latest resources

Back