• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATC Initiated Emergency aircraft!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It did warrant a letter to the FAA! If ATC declares an emergency on you then you are required to submit a BRIEF letter detailing the incident tp the FAA.
I researched it and found it was a required document...I would love the FAR...but after submitting it the case was closed. Just a follow up requirement!

Good Luck

Happened to me going into Phoenix.Was an abnormal."We have a mayday RJ on a twelve mile final." (I was a Legacy but whatever.)End of day....I got on the ground safe. Stopped. Firetrucks. Non-event (except that I was in full reverse at the bottom of the airspeed tape and my F/O had to tap me to get me to idle/stow--major tunnel vision I admit). No report filed. I thanked them for their help. Called the tower the next day and praised them. We said no emergency and ATC called it any way. Frankly....I'm glad they did. A closed runway got opened for us and may have been the difference.Pilots often die pridefully silent....Don't buck up, bro. They did the right thing. They care, too. No controller wants to give someone an excuse to die and have to live with it. Sometimes they save us from ourselves.

I researched it and found it was a required document...I would love the FAR...but after submitting it the case was closed.
§ 91.123 Compliance with ATC clearances and instructions.

(d) Each pilot in command who (though not deviating from a rule of this subpart) is given priority by ATC in an emergency, shall submit a detailed report of that emergency within 48 hours to the manager of that ATC facility, if requested by ATC.

A North East center declared us an emergency aircraft parlty and mainly due to the fact that my FO indentified/realized/summarized the (red light I had been telling him to run a checklist for) red LIGHT HE JUST SEES WHILE ON THE RADIO!!!!

So they declared us an emer. aircraft and we made the landing with out incident. I asked him to please confirm with me and in the future anything to be said. I also discussed that I had told him I had the radios and to run the SAID checklist....
Sounds like you need a new F/O.

Latest resources

Back