ATA Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TriStar_drvr

V.P. of Flight Ops announced today that ATA will have two new hire classes, one in June and the next in July of 10 pilots each. Four of the pilots in each class will be furloughed ATA Flight Engineers.

Anyway, it's not much, but it's a start. Hopefully by the time the new hires are on line, those of us at ATA will have made this a better place to work at. I don't know if there is an existing pool of new hire candidates. If not, I would expect interviewing to start very soon.

Tristar driver or ATA pilot,

I have a few questions if you guys dont mind...

1..are you guys planning on operating the L10s much longer or have there been plans to replace them, and with what type aircraft?

2..What's the junior equipment and domicile..and how long can a guy expect to be on reserve.

3..how many 727s are still there?

ok..thanks in advance, i hope that wasn't much trouble.

29.92 SET !!

1..are you guys planning on operating the L10s much longer or have there been plans to replace them, and with what type aircraft?

The L10's will be retired as they come up for "D" Checks. We currently have approximately 14 of which five are the -500 series with the rest being -50/-100. The plans are to fly the five -500 series airplanes indefinitely. The remaining L10's will be retired over the next few years.

2..What's the junior equipment and domicile..and how long can a guy expect to be on reserve.

Tough question as we haven't done any hiring since a major base realignment earlier this year. It all depends on what aircraft they are hiring for...it can be any of the three - 737, 757, or L10. If you were hired for the 737 or 757 it would be MDW. On the L10 I'm guessing JFK.

3..how many 727s are still there?

They have been retired and are in the process of being ferried to a place where they are being converted into frieghters.

Last but not least........ I have some old data on your pay scales.....What does a 1-2 year FO make. I hope enough to make my mortgage.

ATA pilot.

one last question..does ATA send an application to everyone who sends in a resume or only to those they are interested in.

If I remember correctly...First Year works out to approx: $36K. Second year is irrelevant as we are finishing up negotiations on a new contract and pay scales will be 50% - 100% greater then they are currently. IMHO they will be close to CAL / ALA rates.

As far as applications go....ATA will mail it out if they are interested in you. They don't blanket mail applications. A recommendation from a current pilot that can vouch for your flying skills is a huge plus in getting an interview call.

Would they require you to resign your seniority number at another airline? I don't know thier trackrecord on this.

I really don't know about having to resign your seniority number. Maybe TriStar_dvr has the info you need.

Earlier someone asked how long you would be on reserve as a newhire....I would count on it for a long time. Growth here will be slower than we have all experienced it in the days pre-9/11. I was on Reserve for 2 years on the 757 and that was during peak hiring times.

Latest resources

Back