atpcliff

Hi!

What is going on with the negotiations?

Are there any dates?
- Contract expiring
- Date to bring new contract to a vote
- Dates until a possible strike
- etc., etc.

I've heard ya'll are working on a new contract.
I've heard the current pay is not good, and that you anticipate a decent increase. I'm curious???

Thanks!!!

Cliff
GB,WI

All Is Speculation

The current contract became "amendable" in September 2000. Under the Railway Labor Act (which all airlines operate under), contracts never expire.

Hence the usual dragging out of negotiations. It is financially advantageous for the company to delay settlement of a new contract until thier back is against the wall( a strike is imminent )...only then will you see a decent proposal offered to the pilots.

Because of the lack of progress in negotiations we filed for and are now under Federal mediation. If and when the mediator decides no progress can be made, only then can he make the decision to release both parties into the 30 day cooling off period and then "self-help" after that (strike).

So now we find ourselves deep into mediation with no progress being made. A "strike confidence" vote will soon be taken in anticipation of being released from mediation.

The company cannot afford to be on strike for even a short period of time so I expect we will see a contract proposal in the "eleventh hour" just before a possible strike.

Becuse of the fluid nature of the beast I can't give you any concrete dates as there are none. But I anticipate this all coming to a head in the next few months...maybe by early summer.

Pay here is grossly inadequate for the type of work we do. Let's just say after almost 4 years I'm still making less than I was at the commuter level. I signed on knowing that in advance but also aware that a new contract was coming that would improve that.

Every other section of the contract that has been agreed upon so far has been "industry standard" or better. Now only compensation, retirement issues remain.

So..there you have it in a nutshell.

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the info.

I hope you pilots get what you want!

Cliff
GB,WI

PS-My wife just flew with you guys last Sat on a charter from MKE to Puerto Vallarta, and is returning on another of your charters 2 weeks on Sat. She has flown ATA before and likes them. What kind of equipment would she be on? I would guess a 757.

At this point it could be any aircraft in the fleet.

Latest resources

Back