• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asiana 777 Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently the ILS was OOS. Makes me wonder if they descended on a false GS indication!! But that's my gossip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ice crystals in fuel filter. Full power commanded, but not avail.

Hummm! Not the same engines and not the same exposure to extreme low temperature. I'm not too convinced that there are similarities here!

BTW: in the BA crash, the ice crystals formed at the oil/heat exchanger, not the filter.

Wow- if they had a normally operating airplane; I'd say there are 2 overseas pilot positions available. I certainly hope to heaven that they weren't coupled to an erroneous --and NOTAMed so-- glideslope all the way down.

--and NOTAMed so--
Also on ATIS
--Not trying to jump to conclusions..just saying that if they determine that is the cause; that has to be the poorest display of negligent airmanship of all time. Gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for now and assume an uncommanded idling of motors or something...

Wow- if they had a normally operating airplane; I'd say there are 2 overseas pilot positions available. I certainly hope to heaven that they weren't coupled to an erroneous --and NOTAMed so-- glideslope all the way down.

Coupled... fatigued, distracted, etc...

I wonder if Asiana may be uninsurable now, with 3 accidents since 1988 (and therefore done operating). Getting IOE or not, any airman who lets any airplane (be it 777 or King Air) stall on short final under normal, visual conditions should not be flying airplanes; period.
We'll see if there were other factors involved (ie d*ckhead check airman yelling at him over minutia the whole time, etc.)...but it certainly seems to be clear-cut pilot error.

Latest resources

Back