Asian Start-Up Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A new Vietnamese airline ? Sure, why not:

Interesting wrinkle on Starlux, a Taiwan start-up. Appears they're funding the cost to their ab initio pilots. However, not sure what "accommodated" means:

"Our cadets will be trained in the United States for approximately one year prior to receiving their Commercial Pilot License, followed by six months of airplane conversion training. All tuition and living expenses during training will be accommodated by STARLUX."

Also not sure what "training contract" means...work off the expenses over a period of years ?:

Admitted individuals shall sign a training contract with STARLUX to obtain the status of a cadet pilot.

I don't think I'd go to work for a PRC airline...seriously, they could hire 99% US pilots and then violate any "contract" they established for any reason they invent and it's not like you could successfully mount a class action suit against them either in the People's Republic of Crap or in the US.

Hell, it's not like you could get the recruiter extradited to California to stand trial for breach of contract, theft of intellectual property or anything else for that matter!

Anyone who can go to the PRC and fly for one of their airlines is a better man than I. Flying Upside Down was a fun read though. The author hinted at a Volume 2 but I haven't seen it yet.

Not an Asian start up but a European LCC is starting a subsidiary in the ME:

A couple of Thai start-ups. They just keep acomin':

Not Asian but pretty...ambitious:

Latest resources

Back