ASA picket in SGU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASADriver

ASA MEC officer admits only about 20 of the picketers in SGU were actually ASA pilots. The rest were ALPA people from the meeting in LAS. Here is his post from the ALPA board.

Subject: rumor
Author: WILL FARUZZI
Date: 20 Oct 2006 11:20 AM >I heard a rumor that Duane
>Woerth met with JA. Can anyone
>confirm or kill this? And if
>so, any clues as to the
>substance of the meeting?
>John Lowery

I was there.
While we were picketing in St George, Jerry came out, in my opinion, attempting to show he wasn't intimidated.

He asked the spotters a few questions like "how many are actually ASA pilots" (response: "doesn't matter", but we had about 20 out of the 80). Then he walked along the line telling everyone "Welcome to St George, I hope you enjoy your stay". Then he confronted Duane and tried to show Duane why ALPA was being unreasonable in our requested compensation in regards to "industry average" pay and what Skywest bid to Delta. Duane's response was along the lines of you're making record profits, and we'll see you at the negotiating table. All the while, the SkyWest GO rats were outside cheering.

While he probably got a lot of mileage locally, I think Jerry really made himself look like an amateur. There were several news crews there, including a local TV station, with national feed. It was picked up in SLC. If Jerry really wanted to send a message, he'd have ignored us and pretended it didn't bother him. The fact that he took time out of his busy day proves we got his attention, which was the point. And his confrontation with Duane was totally asinine. I mean, what did he think Duane would say? "Yeah, you're right Jerry, we give up. C'mon everyone, back on the bus!". Not likely to happen!!!

W. Faruzzi
[URL]http://wb3.alpaboards.org/wb/images/a_Next.gifnext[URL]http://wb3.alpaboards.org/wb/images/a_reply.gifreply[/URL][URL]http://wb3.alpaboards.org/wb/images/a_quote.gifquote[/URL][/URL]

ASA MEC officer admits only about 20 of the picketers in SGU were actually ASA pilots. The rest were ALPA people from the meeting in LAS. Here is his post from the ALPA board.

Yawn. You're so boring drivel. Same old sheet from you. Crybaby!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Subject: rumor
Author: WILL FARUZZI
Date: 20 Oct 2006 11:20 AM >I heard a rumor that Duane
>Woerth met with JA. Can anyone
>confirm or kill this? And if
>so, any clues as to the
>substance of the meeting?
>John Lowery

I was there.
While we were picketing in St George, Jerry came out, in my opinion, attempting to show he wasn't intimidated.

He asked the spotters a few questions like "how many are actually ASA pilots" (response: "doesn't matter", but we had about 20 out of the 80). Then he walked along the line telling everyone "Welcome to St George, I hope you enjoy your stay". Then he confronted Duane and tried to show Duane why ALPA was being unreasonable in our requested compensation in regards to "industry average" pay and what Skywest bid to Delta. Duane's response was along the lines of you're making record profits, and we'll see you at the negotiating table. All the while, the SkyWest GO rats were outside cheering.

While he probably got a lot of mileage locally, I think Jerry really made himself look like an amateur. There were several news crews there, including a local TV station, with national feed. It was picked up in SLC. If Jerry really wanted to send a message, he'd have ignored us and pretended it didn't bother him. The fact that he took time out of his busy day proves we got his attention, which was the point. And his confrontation with Duane was totally asinine. I mean, what did he think Duane would say? "Yeah, you're right Jerry, we give up. C'mon everyone, back on the bus!". Not likely to happen!!!

W. Faruzzi
http://wb3.alpaboards.org/wb/images/a_Next.gifnexthttp://wb3.alpaboards.org/wb/images/a_reply.gifreplyhttp://wb3.alpaboards.org/wb/images/a_quote.gifquote

The whole point you jackass is that ALPA is comming together to the shock and horror of management. Guys comming in from other airlnes is a bigger statement than your own carriers pilots alone. The point was not how many ASA guys came in from ATL. Where were you? Oh I forgot, you were sitting in the GO or your chair in the Chief Pilots Office.

The whole point you jackass is that ALPA is comming together to the shock and horror of management. Guys comming in from other airlnes is a bigger statement than your own carriers pilots alone. The point was not how many ASA guys came in from ATL. Where were you? Oh I forgot, you were sitting in the GO or your chair in the Chief Pilots Office.

Oh yeah, I can just see the "shock and horror" in Jerry's eyes. I think he is just rolling his eyes and transferring airplanes while you roll out your "shock and horror".

I dont know if this is true but one of my company guys were there and he said that one of the skywest chief pilots walked across the street and confronted an ASA guy. Has any of you heard this?

ok - my asa/alpa news update said over 100 pilots were there, now it was really 80, of which 20 were asa pilots. how many asa pilots are on full time alpa leave - a little over 20. where's the truth boys? my dues deserve better!

they say the devil you know is better than the devil you dont right - i think i know pretty clearly where the company stands, I can say pretty clearly that I have no trust for our current alpa leadership

VOTED NO FOR FERUZZI!

ALPA national? No, no, national has nothing to do with it. Your union is only as strong as the local membership. Where have I heard that before?

Well if that's the case, where were the other 1700 ASA pilots?

ASA Driver, you are a tool. You completely miss the point every time. You're so blinded by your hatred of ALPA that you have tunnel vision.

I'll repeat what I wrote to your duplicate post on the other thread:

"Wasn't this picketing launched from the ALPA board of directors meeting in LAS? You know the UNION REP CONVENTION? How many union reps do we have? 4? 6? Seems to me like a bunch of ASA pilots flew all the way to Vegas, then rode a long bus trip to just picket. 20 'aint too bad considering. And explain why pilots from every other pilot group in ALPA came out to support us if ALPA is going to "throw us under the bus"? I say it was a strong message of ASA support. I agree with Farruzi, who cares how many ASA pilots made the trip, even if it was just 20, the point was made. We have the support of the entire union."

And another thought for your credibility ASADrivel, since you've demonstrated you have access to our ALPA Web Board, why not grow a set of balls and sign your name to your posts over there where we can all see who you are and debate you?

Your insurgent terrorist attacks against our hard working volunteers and the line pilots who support them are extremely old. You have no credibility if you're afraid to sign your name to them. It's time for you to "come out of the closet" (sorry Chuck) and take ownership for your union attacks!!!!

Latest resources

Back