• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Nap Reduction....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you guys able to sleep the 3-4 hours on naps when you get to the hotel? I'd be afraid I'd oversleep and be running out the door....also I feel like crap after 3-4 hrs of sleeping....it's either a short nap or I'm in bed for the long haul.

At ASA we encourage all the new parents to bid these. 3-4 hours in a hotel is a dream compared to being up every 2 hours with a newborn at home.

with 150 captains on res on the 200 we should just create more nap lines and spread the credit out. The company just doesnt want nappers to have 16 days off.

The Company is required to try and be efficient. While there is a need for some Nap lines, they are horribly inefficient. They Credit quite a bit of flight time, while in return only block typically 2-3 hours pending on destinations. I believe the Company is trying to bring our costs down for long time viability. If that means reducing Nap lines for a little while while our DCI Contract goals trigger, so be it. It's a give and take, and at least the Company is giving. It's nice they've offered so many Nap lines as long as they did. They're not "screwing" anybody. At least not like the days of old.

Trojan

Did you notice the Ready Reserve assignment tangent they went on last week?

Some got two days in a row.

Medeco

Thats what happens now when you're that chump at the top of the list with 6-5 days of reserve availibilty.....

also bad if you're on reserve and they just throw a few random naps in there you have to adjust to

Latest resources

Back