ASA MX code red yesterday?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

Did anyone hear/know anything about a 'Code Red' for the MX folks yesterday morning? On C? Required all of the MX folks to drop whatever they were doing and go to C...

I later spoke with a MX guy who told me that a FAA guy and one of the ASA MX folks got into a shouting and shoving match. Supposedly, APD offered to arrest the Fed for instigating the matter. Anyone else hear about this?

It took nearly a half hour to get a simple mx sign-off...

Did anyone hear/know anything about a 'Code Red' for the MX folks yesterday morning? On C? Required all of the MX folks to drop whatever they were doing and go to C...

I later spoke with a MX guy who told me that a FAA guy and one of the ASA MX folks got into a shouting and shoving match. Supposedly, APD offered to arrest the Fed for instigating the matter. Anyone else hear about this?

It took nearly a half hour to get a simple mx sign-off...

I hope the fed got his a$$ kicked!:beer:

Is that anything like the Code Red issued in "A Few Good Men"? I mean, I would be OK with a Code Red being issued on a Fed.

<Former Marine, I would love to watch this. Nothing better than the FAA getting his butt whooped on the ramp.
SEMPER FI

FAA Insp: You want answers?
FSDO Manager: I think I am entitled
FAA Insp: You WANT answers!
FSDO mgr: I want the TRUTH!

FSDO Manager: Did you push the ASA Mech?
FAA Insp: I did the job I was hired to do...
FSDO Mgr: Did you push the Mech?
FAA Insp: You're goddam right I did!

probably another late mgm departure......

mx leads are supposedly now wandering around the airplane and checking the plane (and mx can) before flight crews depart to mgm.....

FAA Insp: You want answers?
FSDO Manager: I think I am entitled
FAA Insp: You WANT answers!
FSDO mgr: I want the TRUTH!

FSDO Manager: Did you push the ASA Mech?
FAA Insp: I did the job I was hired to do...
FSDO Mgr: Did you push the Mech?
FAA Insp: You're goddam right I did!

"Son, we live in a world that has regs and those regs have to be guarded by men with short-sleave white shirts... Who's gonna do it? You? You Mr. Mx Guy? I have a greater responsibility that you can possibly imagine. You weep for Mr. Busted MX Guy and you curse the FAA. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Mr. Mx Guy's ticket being pulled, while tragic probably saved lives, and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about in the crew lounge, you want me on that ramp, you NEED me on that ramp. We use words like coffee, MEL's, violation. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time or the inclination to explain myself to man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the safety I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'Thank you' and get on your way, otherwise I suggest you pick up a clipboard and inspect those shoddy worn-out brakes. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to...

Latest resources

Back