ASA MEC draws a line in the sand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yasir1212

[FONT=&quot] "In December, the ASA MEC advised both the Company and us that they will not accept any JCBA which does not have Flightline as the final bidding system for both pilot groups."

The ASA MEC is an absolute joke. Time to start thinking about recalling the ASA MEC, especially those on the PBS committee that are on full time flight pay loss, being paid by your ALPA dues.
[/FONT]

I thought we were too militant? The ASA MEC won't do research and report findings to their pilots like our MEC did... No, they want it their way and that's final! TOOLS!

Good to see them show spine for once. We are satisfied with flightline. the last thing we want is your unproven pbs system to be used here. I'm all for improving the PBS work rules but I think flightline has a better PBS system thAn your mec gives it credit for.

Both MECs need to go, it's time to stop agenda setting and well past the time to have got a JCBA. Everyone will dig their heels in, and after Pinnacle ratifies a substandard TA, our "industry standard" is going to be a whole heck of a lot less.

Has anyone ever asked how much money per month Expressjet pays Flightline for use of their services?

I like PBS. But after talking with some XJT guys...they have way better schedules than we do..

I know that has more to do with pairing construction and I too am not interested in a different PBS system, but if I could get the schedules they have, I would be open to their line bidding, and their whole way of doing things.

Just suggesting everyone be open. I hope we don't spend so much time arguing over PBS systems that we totally miss the chance to actually improve our pairing, reduce the number of 4 day trips, and qol improvements. If the end result is a better schedule, I don't care how we get it.

If we are going to stick it XJT side...I'd rather it be during SLI. :)

[FONT=&quot] "In December, the ASA MEC advised both the Company and us that they will not accept any JCBA which does not have Flightline as the final bidding system for both pilot groups."

The ASA MEC is an absolute joke. Time to start thinking about recalling the ASA MEC, especially those on the PBS committee that are on full time flight pay loss, being paid by your ALPA dues.
[/FONT]

Nah, I like how you guys get all twisted over this.

The ASA MEC won't do research and report findings to their pilots like our MEC did...

The rest of the debate notwithstanding, this is false. I have a 44-page paper regarding the ASA PBS vendor research sitting on my hard drive. It was distributed in September, which was WAY too late IMHO, but it was done.

[/FONT]

BOTH MECs are to blame. The XJT MEC has made it perfectly clear that they will not entertain Flightline under any circumstances. There are fundamental differences in philosophy regarding seniority in schedule bidding. The ASA MEC is firmly convinced that SmartPref is unacceptable. The XJT MEC is firmly convinced that Flightline is unacceptable. Where does that leave any room for finding an amicable solution?

I find the lack of imagination and leadership on both sides unacceptable. I refuse to believe that there isn't a solution that could be satisfactory to both pilot groups. This business is getting to be as bad as fiscal cliff debate (No taxes vs No cuts). Recent solution notwithstanding, the rigid lines, pledges, etc. did not serve Congress well. We need to avoid that kind of spectacular dysfunction. This debate is threatening the rest of the JCBA and any hope of pilot unity going forward.

Latest resources

Back