Asa Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

conquest

I am looking for new news info. on ASA. Had an interview scheduled for 9/28/01, but was cancelled,do to 911. Can I look forward to hearing from them again? 3200tt, 1400me 260, ATP/MEII

Thanks,

Conquest,

Give recruiting a call and continue to express your interest.

There are 2 new classes in training ( Feb 1 and March 1). After that I have heard confliciting rumors. I will tell you that we continue to recieve new aircraft and that the current number of FO's is inadequate to crew the upcoming deliveries.
( Yes, I am taking into account the movement of pilots from the EMB over to the jet. There is still not enough FO's to satisfy the scheduling requirements).

Goodluck

A few questions:

Just curious, but are the leather jackets at ASA standard issue or are they optional? Seems like a normal overcoat would be more practical.

What is the callout (time-wise) when on reserve?

Where is the aircraft training done? (Ground and sim)

I have a lot more questions but I'll start with these for now.

Thanks!

Leather jackets are optional, thank God. The overcoats are not only more practical and affordable, but also more fashionable.

Reserve callout is 2 hours, but scheduling won't let you believe it.

All ground training is done at the ASA GO and across the parking lot at Flight Safety; and all sim training is also done at FSI ATL. You COULD get sent somewhere else for sim, but not likely.

Last edited:
FL000,

Leather jackets are optional, thank God. The overcoats are not only more practical and affordable, but also more fashionable[/I]

I don't have one but leather jackets seems to be catching on.

I 'm not quite sure a black overcoat is more fashionable ??? But whatever floats your boat.

And yes reserve call out is 2 hours. Its less for first year guys because they don't read the contract and do whatever scheduling asks of them

Fashionable went out the window when you take a hard look at our uniforms !!!!

I think the leather coat may have a bit more utility then the standard airline issue black trenchcoat.

I haven't read the entire board yet and dont't know who's hiring. Any case, to all you ASA employees-
Is ASA doing any hiring now and if so how would a 1700hr 135 pilot with 250 multi rank against everyone else?

Thanks.

Leather jackets are optional, thank God. The overcoats are not only more practical and affordable, but also more fashionable.

Huh? More affordable, yes. More practical and fashionable? Hardly. You may have an argument on the fashion side, if we were authorized to wear the double-breasted London Fogs that Delta wears. But we aren't and ours are ugly single-breasted crap.

Also, to wear the overcoat, you must also wear your uniform coat. If both pilots are doing this, getting all those coats into the skinny little coat "closet" behind the FO isn't really possible.

Then, you've got to pack another coat or sweater for the overnights, unless you really do think you'd look 'fashionable' walking around town in your spiffy ASA overcoat. The epaulets and nametag on the bomber jacket are easily removed, and the jacket actually does have some style. It would also be a pretty good motorcycle jacket.

Practicality? My money's on the bomber jacket. The leather jacket is also a lot more affordable if you order it right off the bat and skip buying the uniform jacket and overcoat.

Latest resources

Back