ASA clears flightsafety pool.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vandal

ASA hired all the people who had completed their program at flightsafety in Vero today. Don't really know the implications, but could mean those "direct track" programs might be starting up in the near future.

That's good news for all the guys who blew their wad of money and were waiting around. Good news too in general for guys trying to get hired by the regionals.

One of my friends went to Airline Training Academy in Orlando. He told me that ACA is signing a contract to pick up people from their Airstage II program.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Don't bet on it. The last airline that hired the Airstage II guys sent every single one of them back. Not many made it through the interview and none made it through the IOE training. This is what I hear...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

uhhhh...wrong school

I think you are confusing schools...from what I hear from some friends at ASA, the FSI grads are working out just fine.

Chunk

Correction: ATA . ACA is closed. That's the school that trained pilots and chefs in the same rounded building at Lakeland. I drove by it during Sun n Fun, and met two guys who are now working at PIE on old Tampa Bay.

It didn't look to me like ACA will be signing any contracts, and a little bird told me that their management was not able to refund tuition money. It's gone.

Don't bet on it. The last airline that hired the Airstage II guys sent every single one of them back. Not many made it through the interview and none made it through the IOE training. This is what I hear...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong. Many grads are currently flying for ASA (many, many) and some are still flying for American Eagle, while more still are currently on furlough from American Eagle (after having successfully passed IOE and flying the line for various months), including myself.

Timebuilder said:
Correction: ATA . ACA is closed. That's the school that trained pilots and chefs in the same rounded building at Lakeland. I drove by it during Sun n Fun, and met two guys who are now working at PIE on old Tampa Bay.

That's ashame.... they always had good lunch deals there ;)

Good point.

As I drove by with a FAA bud, I said I wished I had the money to start a school there myself. Nice building, great location. A lot of students lost money, a shame.

Hey Martinfierro, glad to hear ATA works out for some. How long ago was that though? Maybe before the airlines were onto ATA's policy of logging PIC time? Wanna discuss that for the rest of the readers? I bet they'd get a big kick out of it, especially avbug! Question: How do 3 pilots log PIC time on the same flight in a light twin?

BTW, CoEx was the airline that sent everybody back, again according to what I heard, not necessarily fact.

Last edited:
ATA, Etc....

Did ASA say anything to these guys about a class date? I am pretty sure the original guy who talked about ACA was referring to Atlantic Coast Airlines, not that flight school in FL. I heard that the guys we got from ATA didn't do too well overall. I heard they were good guys, just was too hard to go right into the jet from a light twin. Go figure....

Latest resources

Back