• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked to Julie Wednesday and she told me that they almost had the 2/1 class filled, and a guy I interviewed with was offered that class the same day, so unless something has changed since then I would think the class will be on the 1st.

Hopefully they'll run another class soon because it looks like I won't get in that one. :(

There is a Feb. 1 class which starts on Friday. I also, received the phone call to go. Evidently, they are giving out the base and aircraft assignment over the phone for this class too. I was assigned DFW EMB-120 and am looking forward to it.

We just got the word that some Delta furloughees are going into ASA new hire classes. If they go into the E120 training it will be a hoot to watch :)

Of course some of them probably already have E120 time, but I am just imagining some centerline thrust ex-military type hanging on to those Ram's Horns with a prop overspeed, better yet a V1 prop overspeed - yee haaw - hang on Sports fans :p The sim is going to need a little extra Skydrol.

I imagine these guys will go into the jet and do great in training, but it is fun to imagine then trying to make friends with the E120. Torque, P-Factor - what are you guys talking about?????

Last edited:
RJs

FYI , the 57 RJs arriving this year will be 21 to ASA, 36 to Comair. Comair will retire all the E120's, guess thats why they are getting a few more.

ASA Class and Pool Update ?

Has anyone heard about any definite plans for ASA classes after the Feb. 1st class? Supposedly they were contemplating another class in February and maybe two more in March.... Another rumor that has been floating around inside ASA Flight Ops is that the "pool" is currently at 100 pilots.

...just curious if anyone has heard anything since earlier posts...

~B~

Rough numbers are 5.5 crews for each aircraft. So, if we are obtaining 21 jets this year that would be 231 pilots, plus the 25-30 that will leave due to retirement, or other reasons.

Best swag guess is close to 250 pilots. Of course E120 retirements could seriously affect this guess.

New Hire Class

ASA was talking about allowing Delta Pilot furloughee to fly with us, but ASA has about 200 pilots in the pool and most of them will fill those slots in the upcoming year.

I would guess closer to 200 also. There are @ 60 FSI program pilots alone in the pool, some of which have been waiting since early June.

Latest resources

Back