• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are "anticipating" another class Feb 15, and also March 1st and 15th as of now. Hiring in all aircraft and both bases. Still no interviewing and maybe not until next year. There are over 200 pilots still in the pool.

I talked to Loretta in pilot recruiting yesterday and she confirms what bailout said, they are hiring into all 3 aircraft and both bases.

We are a bunch of FO's short on the 120 and CRJ out in DFW right now. It is also the junior FO base. I would expect at least most of the first class to go there. I'll check when I go tomorrow, but I think all vacancies in ATL are full with current pilots right now.

Be glad when we get some FO's in DFW. Myself and several of my peers didn't get our type ratings to sit in the right seat. (Though in actuality, getting all the pay with none of the responsibility isn't too bad!)

Inside rumor spreading about a new hire class date starting in Feb. 2002. DFW is junior base and I am sure they will need FOs' Brasilias as they will be phase out of Atlanta later this summer. Again its all rumors!!!;)

I was just called late Wednesday night for class on Feb 1st. It is in the jet and in ATL. The less experienced guys are going to the E-120, with the more experienced guys going to the jet. Also, saw ASA is taking up to 57 CRJ-700's. Hopefully the pool won't last long.

Garbageman said:
I was just called late Wednesday night for class on Feb 1st. It is in the jet and in ATL. The less experienced guys are going to the E-120, with the more experienced guys going to the jet. Also, saw ASA is taking up to 57 CRJ-700's. Hopefully the pool won't last long.

I have to chime in on this one. If true, it would be a major break with tradition at ASA.

Traditionally, they have NEVER told you what aircraft you get prior to coming to class. You have always found out on the first day. There are good reasons for this.
Secondly, they have ALWAYS put the low timers on the jet and the high timers on the Brasilia. This is because the high timers will upgrade sooner, and the E120 is the faster upgrade. Why train them on the jet then retrain them for upgrade. It makes sense.
Third, classes usually start the 2nd and 4th week. The training dept says the first class is the 13th, not the 1st.

I have a hard time believing this rumor is true.

When I was hired a couple of years ago, we were given aircraft assignments on the acceptance phone call and then had to wait 'til day one for the domicile. This came to a halt because of how fluid their needs were at the time. They were offering people classes in certain aircraft, then changing them to a different aircraft when they showed up a couple of weeks later. They recognized that this was not fair and began waiting until day 1 for assignments.

As far as a Feb 1 class, I can't say for sure that it's not true, but normally classes will start on a Monday. I think I remember a mid-week start date in late 2000, so I guess it could happen. You're the one who got the call, so who am I to argue?

True also is that more experienced candidates usually will go to the Brasilia because of what IFF stated, and also because it is a more difficult class and checkride. When I was hired into the jet, I was under the mistaken impression that it was because I had previous jet time. Truth be told, it's probably because I had LOW time and class is a piece of cake, relatively.

FYI, around the time I was hired, they were also hiring into the left seat of the Brasilia. Bad idea.

Latest resources

Back