• Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailout

Todays class went as follows....
3 ATR / ATL
5 EMB / DFW
4 EMB / ATL
5 CRJ / DFW
5 CRJ / ATL

There was some last minute switching going on, so there might be a few differences.

No mid Feb class, next possible is March 4th....

Also heard (Mr.Bedson spoke with the new hire class and told them this) that after the *possible* March class, no more until late Fall. How many people out there are still in the pool? I could guess @ 150 or so, but wanted to hear from them, and what they have heard or been told. Just curious how long before we get to move up the ladder. :)

If there is no more hiring until late fall then that makes the hiring of Delta pilots with dual seniority a moot issue.

I understand Comair is hiring something like 50 a month. Does anyone know if this is to replace those lost during the strike or is this a growth push ???

Comair is hiring for growth. We didn't loose that many during the strike.... only a handful went to Exec Jet and a few to AirTran. My seniority number only moved up about 80 since last July. We are getting 30 something planes this year and only 6 or 8 (not sure) are to replace EMB120s in MCO.

Monthly block hours had been steadily falling approx 500 per month since Sept. to a low of 24,000 during Dec 2000. March block time is now 26,122.

Did a LOFT last month and was told they are currently hiring 40 a month, but had ambitions to increase that number. The fourth CRJ sim just came online at FlightSafety in CVG.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the call for the 3/4 class at ASA last night. The quote I got was that they "don't know that they will have a class after that, at least for a while". Glad I got this one.

Last edited:
If you dont mind me asking, how long have you been in the pool? I have some friends in the pool and they are trying to see whereabouts they rank. BUT on the other hand, I heard that they are taking the *most current* pilots from the list anyway.

I interviewed towards the end of July (27th?) but I'm not sure what method they are using to call people. I know of one person in class who interviewed in mid-July and another who was one of the last to interview in August and they both got the call. We are all current 121 so if by "most current" you mean currently flying then you may be right.

ok, that must be it, because some of people i know have been in the pool since early June, but havent flown much since Sept 11.(comparitively speaking)

ok, that must be it, because some of people i know have been in the pool since early June, but havent flown much since Sept 11.(comparitively speaking)
Have they picked it up some?

Latest resources

Back