Anyone know what the pays like at LOT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cbogacz

Anyone know what the pays like at LOT? Also wondering how does one get a job there? I was born in Poland but have lived in the U.S. for the last 20 years.

You dont' want to go work for LOT! They pay ******************** and there is no job security - they might fold anyday! I was offered an ATR class in the early 2000's and turned it down - pay was less than $1000 USD a month. Recently talked to a friend, with a ERJ 145 and 170 type, who inquired about working for LOT - they were ready to hire him on the spot as a street captain - they are losing a pilot a day to low cost carriers like Easy Jet, Ryan, and other new Euro. based airlines. Pay still sucks and so does QOL. My advice is, if you want to get back to the "motherland" apply at Cathay Pacific - get on the passenger side so you can be based in Europe! Maybe even Poland with a commute to a Euro. base! Powodzenia!

Witaj, Don't know alot about LOT specifically but I do know that my employer has hired quite a few of their ATR capts, and they all don't have great things to say about LOT. If you want to live in Poland Netjets Europe has a Warsaw as a gateway city.

Hi!

My wife is Polish-Canadian. When she started school, she couldn't speak English.

Last year I had my first trip to Europe (basically). We visited 11 cities in Poland and Rome. We went with my mother-in-law, who survived WWII in India as a war orphan-it was a reunion for them.

My favorite city was Gdansk, and my least favorite was Nałęczów. I also really enjoyed the alpine area near Zakopane.

We are hoping to go next summer to Switzerland, Italy and Poland.

I think I'd try the NJE to be based in Warsaw.

Good luck to you!

cliff
YIP

Might be a silly question, but does one need the euro-ATP to work for netjets europe?

Also, looks like starting pay at LOT (mainline) is about 2500 bucks a month.

Latest resources

Back