• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone have info about EVA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I'm wrong but what AA717 meant was, ice or no ice he is still flying the speed on the flight plan.......I would agree with him.

I don't think you understood me. I agree to stick to the flight plan. Do most icing incidents happen at cruise levels or low levels? So does your flight plan speed really matter in the original question being asked? Having said that, my point is if ANYTHING i wouldn't slow agreeing with classof75's answer.

speed up/slow down

Did that same flight plane tell you because it had already factored in the Ice build up. You rarely get icing at altitude, so what is the point. THe transition area,climb out, descent, is where all the interesting stuff is going to happen. I do not know why anyone would slow up in ice, isn't it standerd issue to fly clean in ice, which means a bit more speed, and less exposed wing area.

Sounds strange, but hay, there is always "something"

As interesting as your Ice discussion is. There is an exodus right now at EVA, they have lost 10 to 15% of their pilot force in the past year. Makes you wonder

As interesting as your Ice discussion is. There is an exodus right now at EVA, they have lost 10 to 15% of their pilot force in the past year. Makes you wonder

Count Cathay into the mix too, please.

thanks.

Count Cathay into the mix too, please.

thanks.

What I find interesting is that the Cathay exodus Is not necessarily pilots going back to their recalls in their respective countries, but they are loosing pilots to startups and less well known carriers across Asia. Things that make you go Hum?

What I find interesting is that the Cathay exodus Is not necessarily pilots going back to their recalls in their respective countries, but they are loosing pilots to startups and less well known carriers across Asia. Things that make you go Hum?

The current Cathay is not the same Cathay from 10 years ago.

A-scale to B-scale, and now with the introduction of the C-scale (went into effect Jan 1 of '08), It is only half a step above flying for the commuters.

Sad state of affairs over there. Could easily be the best job in aviation.....if....

Latest resources

Back