Anyone have info about EVA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

altscap

According to the K. Darby publication, and the website, it looks like EVA is hiring expats. Does anyone have any info to share about work rules, schedules, pay, houseing, qol, etc...? You know, pretty much the usual rundown. Thanks.

No more hiring at Eva for at least 6 months. They have 100 local chinese in training and 747 fleet being converted to freighters so now they are overstaffed.

I interviewed at EVA in late summer and was not impressed.

The interview was conducted by an Australian captain called DAvid. He was a real ass. He asked if you should slow down or speed up in ice, I said I would not slow down... he said that is exactly what you should do.. slow down in ice!!!
Hi squestions were obsecure and he explained that the $65k dollar training contract was not pro rated over fours year. If you leave one day early you owe EVA $65K for their inhouse training.
This was in direct contradiction to what I was told by Jason in flight ops. (Jason is a good guy)

EVA... nice equpment but terrible work environment.

classof75,

You got it all backwards, David Probert is the only one in that office looking after the Expats. Jason Chen is the A$$, that guy will screw you any time of the day.

Last edited:
And that may be the reason he came across as he did in the interview... to "scare me" off.

However, I still disagree with his opinion on slowing down in ice.

"Slow down or speed up?" What's the book say?

That's not been in any ops manual I've read. I'll still fly the speed on the flight plan. (Unless I have a flight to catch. ;) ) TC

classof75 is right. Besides slowing down increasing AOA and exposing more surface area, you are increasing your chances of controllability problems depending on the severity of the ice.

AA717driver,
Considering ice is rarely encountered at cruise levels (i can think of maybe 2 times) I don't think this has anything to do with speed on the flight plan (of course there are exceptions).

Last edited:
classof75 is right. Besides slowing down increasing AOA and exposing more surface area, you are increasing your chances of controllability problems depending on the severity of the ice.

AA717driver,
Considering ice is rarely encountered at cruise levels (i can think of maybe 2 times) I don't think this has anything to do with speed on the flight plan (of course there are exceptions).

Correct me if I'm wrong but what AA717 meant was, ice or no ice he is still flying the speed on the flight plan.......I would agree with him.

Latest resources

Back