• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone been to an XJT roadshow yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Given my experience with many of the folks at ASA, I'm really surprised the roadshow attendees put up with the ERJ attitudes. If I were there, I'd have stood up and told them to GTFO. It should have been a serious debate about the facts contained in the documentation of the T/A, not the peanut gallery.

My experience with DU is that he is a statesman and a true gentleman. He's always been candid, honest, and a realist. I have a hard time believing that the issues ahead are directly related to either Ed or Danny. Frankly, I think the pilots get their money's worth out of Danny.

I agree about Danny. I have known him for a decade and have swung his gear on many a months. I do not know Ed to save my life. Our paths have never crossed. I do know of his reputation. As a captain of almost a decade here' I can say that there are 2 schools of thought on captainism. One is be a camileon and let FO's just be their quirky selves, or rule with a iron fist. For the most part, I fly by the first method. From what I hear, Ed has chosen the later. But whatever. This has to do with the contract.

I am in an unfamiliar place. I find myself more distrustful of my ALPA leadership than I do of our company leadership. I really don't know all the juicy details about our conflicts between XJT and ASA MEC's. I find it odd that Mank was removed and hushed. I find it odd that there was zero polling of the groups. I find it odd there was zero pressure applied to the company. I find it odd there are rumors of ASA negotiator having an affair with XJT attorney. I find it odd that our ATL status rep added management to the pilot only Facebook TA discussion page, twice. I find it odd that there are rumors that those on the negotiating committee have been promised mainline jobs. I am most unimpressed by the XJT MEC chairman.

I am as sick as the everyone to be done with negotiations. But this whole thing smells fishy. I have to admit, though, that I am hesitant to vote no, based on the fact there is no plan B. And I admit, that if am not a volunteer for this work. That leaves me firmly between a rock and a hard place.

I do feel that the XJT guys need to wake up. Their outliers need to go. Nobody else has them. Yes,I know you had them for a while, but you also worked under the concept of a contract with an amendable date. This industry works under pattern bargaining. You simply can no longer keep your B fund, disability, or line bidding. Be thankful for what you got, and let it go. We probably needed to let go our vacation low. But we should have dumped rigs on Naps first. I am not happy about the association leave at 6 hrs, but we pay that out of dues, not the company. We actually pay 125% to the company, so cutting it is actually a cost to the company.

I agree about Danny. I have known him for a decade and have swung his gear on many a months. I do not know Ed to save my life. Our paths have never crossed. I do know of his reputation. As a captain of almost a decade here' I can say that there are 2 schools of thought on captainism. One is be a camileon and let FO's just be their quirky selves, or rule with a iron fist. For the most part, I fly by the first method. From what I hear, Ed has chosen the later. But whatever. This has to do with the contract.

I am in an unfamiliar place. I find myself more distrustful of my ALPA leadership than I do of our company leadership. I really don't know all the juicy details about our conflicts between XJT and ASA MEC's. I find it odd that Mank was removed and hushed. I find it odd that there was zero polling of the groups. I find it odd there was zero pressure applied to the company. I find it odd there are rumors of ASA negotiator having an affair with XJT attorney. I find it odd that our ATL status rep added management to the pilot only Facebook TA discussion page, twice. I find it odd that there are rumors that those on the negotiating committee have been promised mainline jobs. I am most unimpressed by the XJT MEC chairman.

I am as sick as the everyone to be done with negotiations. But this whole thing smells fishy. I have to admit, though, that I am hesitant to vote no, based on the fact there is no plan B. And I admit, that if am not a volunteer for this work. That leaves me firmly between a rock and a hard place.

I do feel that the XJT guys need to wake up. Their outliers need to go. Nobody else has them. Yes,I know you had them for a while, but you also worked under the concept of a contract with an amendable date. This industry works under pattern bargaining. You simply can no longer keep your B fund, disability, or line bidding. Be thankful for what you got, and let it go. We probably needed to let go our vacation low. But we should have dumped rigs on Naps first. I am not happy about the association leave at 6 hrs, but we pay that out of dues, not the company. We actually pay 125% to the company, so cutting it is actually a cost to the company.

Just say you are a "YES" voter and move on !!

Thank God most of the CRJ guys I have talked to are nothing like you.

Umm... You're a Captain. You're gonna let your FO rule with an iron fist? At that point you're not really the captain are you???? Sack up...

Says who? The reps? Go back and look at your may 2012 nexus jnc update and see how much was completed at that time. I don't believe the reps

Most of those sections were complete but a few open items. Ask any rep, ask Chris himself. Be hard to deny. Kinda funny the very guy he had kicked out, ended up winning the FO rep position and kicked him out. The old adage "What comes around...." Better yet, what is Chris M's total time flying the line at ASA? Just curious.

All the emotional/personal bull******************** on the forums and Facebook tell me one thing:

Pilots is skeeeerd. You can pick out the 'YES' voters a mile away.

Full pay 'til the last day!

Latest resources

Back