• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any NetJet pilot currently on LTD plan pass 36 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure about that part T-1. I never got past the 2 year point. I do know that any denial of coverage under the LTD policy automatically reverts back to the contractually required loss of medical coverage for the first 36 months. After that, pilots used to be on their own. Now they will have coverage under this new union plan.

you needed to talk to a pilot who has been and has had loss of medical, Insurance AND did not get SS disability. I have talked to these pilots and it is an eye opener and the summary above is standered in are industery as to the job that the Insurance companies think a pilot can do if they can not fly. We do not have to make what we where making it only has to be about 50-60% of your pay. And the job does not have to be available it just has to be in your town, so if you live in never never land with no airport around then your safe.

So if you get SS Disabibility The NetJet plan will keep paying until you are 65.

There are many policies out there that are supposedly loss of medical. They are marketed as loss of medical (and charge accordingly), but the fine print is still the fine print and it ends up screwing the policy holder later when it is time to collect. I spent a lot of time looking for a true loss of medical policy and really couldn't find anything that I was looking for (continued payments to at least age 65) that was a true loss of medical. I was glad to see the union was also trying to make this happen. Most that I found were using the social security definition which says if you can do any job, you don't get paid. I've already got that coverage included with my employment at NJA. I haven't had a chance to look at the fine print of the union made policy yet to determine if I will be purchasing it or not. If it includes something about the ability to do "similar" jobs or any kind of job as reasons for non payment, I will not be buying in. The devil is in the details and I will be using a magnifying glass to see every last one of them before my money is flowing in for it.

As far as the Long Term being transferred to social security, I really don't know. My father had his long term that transferred to social security after about 2 years and they ended up telling him he was out of luck since he could now do some form of work. I guess beating cancer isn't always such a great thing once your job is gone and your insurance tells you to pound sand after you have recovered.

I finally had a chance to check out the info on the new union offered insurance. It very specifically says it pays out to your full social security age in the event you are unable to hold a medical with the FAA. The only question I really have that I want to hear answered before I sign on the dotted line is whether or not they can make you work any job and then only pay you the difference between what you earn and the 66 2/3 percent of the salary you were covered. I would probably want to do something, but I sure wouldn't want to be forced to do anything.

jtf - the answer TA gave on that is that there is a reduction in benefits when you work. But the decrease is always less than what you make in your new job. They want to incentivize your desire to work.

Latest resources

Back