Any NetJet pilot currently on LTD plan pass 36 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerfun

I would like to know if there is any NetJets pilots out on LTD and what happens at 36 months? LTD keeps going does it not? I had a friend that I lost contact with that was told by Aetna that after a year of being on LTD they had to apply for Social Security Disability. They got it and then they got LTD until 65 years old. So what is happening to are NetJet Brother & Sisters that are on LTD?
The Union is offering a Medical Policy BUT of the company policy keeps going after 36 months which I have heard that IT DOES.

So those out on LTD I would like to here from you.

NetJets has two separate disability options after 6 months of short term disability. One is Long Term disability. The other is loss of medical.

Long term disability is for the more serious conditions that truly make someone disabled and unable to work. That policy goes out to roughly age 65. it is paid by an insurance carrier via a policy NetJets pays for.

The loss of medical coverage is just what it says. Loss of medical clearance to fly. It ends at 36 months of total disability when the pilot is removed from the NetJets seniority list. It is self-insured by NetJets.

The union plan is designed to fill the gap in our coverage for a medical condition that grounds a pilot but is not serious enough to qualify as a true "disability." Type 1 diabetes would be a good example. The union plan extends payments starting at 3 years and continues usually to normal retirement age.

Once again - another reason I'm glad to be a member of NJASAP.

Summary
We conducted a vocational review which consisted of a transferable skills analysis bases upon your education, training work experience, capabilities, and restrictions and limitations. It was determined that you posses the functional capacity to perform duties of a Cargo-and-Ramp-Services Manager, Flight Control Manager and Senior Reservations Agent. Since you posses the functional capacity to perform these alternative occupations, you do satisfy the group policy requirements as outlined above. Therefore, we are unable to approve your claim.

Thus the need for the supplemental union policy hawkerfun. The insurance carrier for the company paid LTD policy thinks that any job is good enough and therefore denies coverage. At which point, the company loss of medical coverage kicks in until the 36 month point. we needed something to fill the gap between 36 months and normal retirement age. NJASAP volunteers and Executive Board made that happen.

If you get on Soocial Security Disability Benefits. you have NetJets LTD until 65. That is why I was hoping the Pilots that where not flying would speak out. If you do work your you generate a 1099 or a w-2 before your 65 you will paid your full amount depending how much you make. or your wife make;-)

The summary above come from a loss of medical Insurance policy. The Insurance carrier dropped every thing then this person was excepted by Social Security Disability

Grizz,

It's my understanding that the LTD only pays for the first 24 months (This period includes the 6 month STD period as the 24 month clock starts from the date of the Disability.), if you are unable to do a similar job (ie I fly airplanes and cannot do that at this time). However, after 24 months, the criteria changes to: can you do ANY job? If it is decided that you can do any employment, then the policy will not cover you. This is my understanding of the coverage.

Latest resources

Back