• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is six months. Recommended a friend who interviewed but wasn't accepted. HR sent me an e-mail stating that my friend was not successful, but could re-apply in six months.

The -767 program is not "slowing"....because it just started....the first plane only arrived in Nov. So, the number of -767 pilots and the flying will be increasing this year.

cliff
GR

That is what I wanted to hear, thank you atpcliff!!

-TC

Atlas Air Worldwide B767-300ERs Ready for Military Passenger Airlift Service
Twin-Jet Aircraft Becomes Second Type in Company’s History

Press Release: Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. – 1 hour 50 minutes ago

PURCHASE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: AAWW - News), a leading global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services, today announced that its Atlas Air, Inc. unit has received approval from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Commercial Airlift Review Board (CARB) to provide B767-300ER passenger airlift service for the DoD.

The twin-jet 767 becomes the second aircraft type in the company’s history, joining an industry-leading fleet of Boeing 747 freighters and passenger aircraft.

To operate the new aircraft family, Atlas Air has also achieved 180-minute Extended Twin-Engine Operations (ETOPS) certification from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, allowing for the aircraft’s optimal routing on trans-Atlantic flights. ETOPS approval requires a rigorous review of the company’s operations and successful implementation of additional operational and flight-crew procedures. Flight crews and maintenance teams operating Atlas Air’s 767s are qualified and trained for ETOPS.

“The Boeing 767-300ER provides additional flexibility in our fleet as we continue to diversify the services we offer our customers,” said William J. Flynn, President and Chief Executive Office of Atlas Air Worldwide.

“A new aircraft type is an important milestone for our company and complements our growth strategies. As a long-time operator of four-engine aircraft, we’re especially pleased to achieve CARB approval and ETOPS certification for our twin-jet aircraft, demonstrating that our continual focus on safety, reliability and operational excellence transcends aircraft types.”

The company’s 767-300ER (for Extended Range) aircraft, configured for 255 Economy Class seats, will primarily transport U.S. military personnel domestically and internationally. The aircraft, along with two company-owned passenger 747-400s, are also available for commercial charters, providing customers with flexible seating-capacity alternatives.

Atlas Air expects to place a third 767 into service during the first half of 2012.

Atlas Air initiated B747-400 passenger service for the DoD in May 2011.
With the 767, Atlas Air is the only outsource provider of aircraft and aviation operating services offering the new Boeing 747-8 freighter, 747-400 freighter and passenger versions, and the 767-300ER to its global customers.

About Atlas Air Worldwide:
Atlas Air Worldwide is the parent company of Atlas Air, Inc. (Atlas) and Titan Aviation Leasing (Titan), and is the majority shareholder of Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. (Polar). Atlas Air Worldwide also maintains a 49% interest in Global Supply Systems Limited (GSS). Through Atlas and Polar, Atlas Air Worldwide operates the world’s largest fleet of Boeing 747 freighter aircraft.
Atlas, Titan and Polar offer a range of outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services that include ACMI service – in which customers receive an aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance on a long-term basis; CMI service, for customers that provide their own aircraft; express network and scheduled air cargo service; military cargo and passenger charters; commercial cargo and passenger charters; and dry leasing of aircraft and engines.
Atlas Air Worldwide’s press releases, SEC filings and other information can be accessed through the Company’s home page, www.atlasair.com.

Last edited:
I was surprised to see this....just a few days ago I had a check airman tell me that the military stuff on the 76 was a no go since we haven't operated them very long....great to hear he was wrong.

Just read this:
Flight Crew Recruitment

Atlas Air is no longer accepting resumes for First Officer Positions. Please check back every three to six months for updated information.

I think it is because the classic fleet is reportedly being shut down the end of Feb, 2012, so all of the Capts/FOs need to be retrained and moved to the -400 or the 767s.

I believe that Feb is the start of the 767-200 freighter flying for DHL?

cliff
HSV

So Omni and World are announcing furloughs due to the lack of military pax flying and Atlas announces that it is commencing military pax flying. Not to mention two -400's that are dedicated to military pax flying. It makes me think that Atlas may be over reaching in that market. I wonder how many hours a month they must fly to pay the leases?

Omni, World and Atlas fly different airframes for passengers. It's kind of like saying that since Skyking (737s) didn't get a military pax contract, that Atlas could not either.

Atlas also does not have any -400 pax planes dedicated to the military. They do pax charters for whoever will hire them...and in fact have been doing civilian charters.

cliff
HSV

Just read this:

I think it is because the classic fleet is reportedly being shut down the end of Feb, 2012, so all of the Capts/FOs need to be retrained and moved to the -400 or the 767s.

I believe that Feb is the start of the 767-200 freighter flying for DHL?

cliff
HSV

Yes Feb 13th is the first flight for DHL on the 767. The pairings right now consist of CVG-PHX-SAN and the reverse. That's all for Feb.

Latest resources

Back