• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is competitive at Atlas as far as mins?

they cast a wide net. everything from lots of international ops to military to RJ drivers to bizjet guys. it really depends on you.

What is the word on the street with respect to how may new hires, how long from interview to class, how long is training etc. I live an hour from MIA. What are the chances of getting based out of there?

Thanks in advance,

Avrat

I was out flying with a sim guy doing his yearly observation and word in training was a slow down of new hire classes and more training of Classic crewmembers transfering to the 400, more new hires expected later on.

Last edited:
What is the word on the street with respect to how may new hires, how long from interview to class, how long is training etc. I live an hour from MIA. What are the chances of getting based out of there?

Thanks in advance,

Avrat

The number of new-hires is of course tied to growth and attrition. If every pilot on property at Atlas stays until age 65 then we lose 300 pilots in the next 8 years. As far as growth goes, it is all up in the air. Last year seemed to be a great year for companies like Kalitta and Atlas. Our product appeared to be high in demand. As long as the demand continues, so will the growth and hiring. The 767 program is just getting started and the rumors of it's size are very positive.

Interview to class time varies significantly. Some guys get it in two weeks and some wait over six months. The time it took me from my first Atlas application until I finished OE was 1 year (waiting for the call, interviewing, waiting for class, training, waiting for OE).

Classroom and sim training was just under 8 weeks for myself and will vary a little with each class.

I was able to hold MIA right out of training. So, currently, as a First Officer, MIA is not senior at all. On the Captain side, one Polar Captain downgraded when we merged the pilot groups in order to hold the MIA base.

Last edited:
Will/has the end of the Iraq troop movements negatively impacted Atlas for 2012? I know there was a backlog of IOE but does anyone know if the 767 program is slowing due to less business this year?
Thanks
-TC

Will/has the end of the Iraq troop movements negatively impacted Atlas for 2012? I know there was a backlog of IOE but does anyone know if the 767 program is slowing due to less business this year?
Thanks
-TC

I haven't heard any big-picture updates, but the 767 program was put together rather quickly, and i think the "end" of operations in Iraq were well known during its development. For now, the DHL flying will be the larger share of the 767 fleet, at least for 2012, and that will build progressively throughout the year. At least the company's being conservative in the right direction - better to have too many pilots than a severe shortage...

Atlas was late at getting the paperwork into the DOD folks, so missed out on the 1st quarter award of AMC flying. I think they were counting on getting that flying up and running in the 1st Q, now have to wait for 2nd Q.

duplicate post

Latest resources

Back