Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

walkthasky

SWA FO
I know that the industry is flooded with high-time pilots now.
But, does anyone know the average hours for someone who would actually get to interview with Comair. Does someone with 1200 hours have a chance at getting a call???
Thanks
:D

With your luck/skill getting all these interviews, I don't see why not. I've been sending my stuff to them and have left messages but no luck. I don't have a reference at Comair so my situation is pretty grim.

Good Luck.

I'm going to talk to our pilot who had an interview at Comair last thursday. I think he has about 1800TT and about six months of 135 experience. Anyway, I am sure he has an idea of what the deal is at comair in the near term. I want to go to ALG but who knows how long i'll be in the pool
-Dog

thanks

Thanks guys, well from what i can see on interview gouges, the interviewees are usually near 2000 hours. Hey cornelius, have you tried shuttle america ???? I didnt get Allegheny, i guess i smelled to much:)
Dog, did they give you an approximate time you'd get to class ???
Talk to you guys later!
:D

Man, all they said was in the "near future." I take that as six months to a year. Michelle said she would keep me informed at least once a month. I'll probably stay 135 for now since things are going to pick up in the spring and go to ALG when they call.
-Dog

Comair Hiring

About a month ago Comair's head pilot recruiter Bill Liles spoke at the flight school I teach at. From what he said, it appears they are flooded with resumes from pilots with +2,000hrs. He said they look at everyone who applies, but I got the impression that unless you have a letter of rec, your chances of getting on with just the mins are very slim. I've applied twice with 1,200-1,300tt and haven't heard a word from them. I'm going to wait a while until I apply again.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Walkthasky, I'm giving up on Allegheny unfortunately because it looks like interviews are over at the end of Feb. I haven't heard a word from them which is understandable with my time.

I'm still pondering whether I'm going to apply to Shuttle America or not. Hopefully I'll be back in the 1900 soon.

Peace.

Man, with all this news, you think I would have a bunch of new "friends." No such luck, just the same bunch of people I had before. Perhaps it's because I live in CVG, and everyone I know allready works at Comair or Delta. Oh well, good luck guys.

I interviewed with 1,000 hours but almost 800 of that is multi-turbine so I'm not sure how that would stack up in comparision. It does show, however, that they are looking at other factors beyond total time. Good Luck!! :D

soeeding ticket...

Anyone know if Comair cares about speeding tickets. Just got my first today cause the B*tch cop didn't notice and walked away before I could get my PBA out. 42 in a 25 and they can't rip it up
-dog

Latest resources

Back