Another perspective on the decert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Imissmypilot

I know right now some of my old colleagues at Flexjet are disappointed. I've also heard some out of touch accusations from non Flexjet pilots targeted at union leadership but the numbers speak otherwise.

In the last 2 years Flexjet lost 150ish pilots, most of them union leaning. In addition many formerly pro-union pilots were upset about SLI (which makes Ricci's first move to **** them harder on it sweet justice) and voted to decert. Add to that a very, very careful new hire selection process hell bent on weeding out pro labor candidates and you had all the cards stacked against your deck.

If you look at the numbers logically, that tells me while the win might look big on the surface, union leadership had made tremendous inroads within the pilot group. The vote was 59% to 41%. Given what I just explained above 41% is remarkably high number to have come out on your side. You should take pride in a fight well fought. Lord knows every trick, misdeed and lie was brought out against you but you stayed clean.

So to union leadership I say congratulations on a monumental effort. Hold your heads high and no matter what tomorrow brings always know you were on the right side of this fight.

Unfortunately for the 318, one day they will realize that too. Only it will be too late.

I know right now some of my old colleagues at Flexjet are disappointed. I've also heard some out of touch accusations from non Flexjet pilots targeted at union leadership but the numbers speak otherwise.

In the last 2 years Flexjet lost 150ish pilots, most of them union leaning. In addition many formerly pro-union pilots were upset about SLI (which makes Ricci's first move to **** them harder on it sweet justice) and voted to decert. Add to that a very, very careful new hire selection process hell bent on weeding out pro labor candidates and you had all the cards stacked against your deck.

If you look at the numbers logically, that tells me while the win might look big on the surface, union leadership had made tremendous inroads within the pilot group. The vote was 59% to 41%. Given what I just explained above 41% is remarkably high number to have come out on your side. You should take pride in a fight well fought. Lord knows every trick, misdeed and lie was brought out against you but you stayed clean.

So to union leadership I say congratulations on a monumental effort. Hold your heads high and no matter what tomorrow brings always know you were on the right side of this fight.

Unfortunately for the 318, one day they will realize that too. Only it will be too late.

Well said, there are very few pilot groups that could sustain the full frontal assault KR and his many hired firms waged over a period of years. We must all fortify our ranks. These #aholes will be knocking on our door soon.

The biggest issue at Flex--a huge percentage of tools in the ranks--never would have happened had the fractional industry not been in such horrible shape.

No matter what flavor of moonshine the sales departments are pedaling the fractionals are shrinking and have been since 2008. Bombardier would have never sold Flex to a bottom-feeder operation like Ricci's had there been money to be had. So Ricci gets a hold of Flex and proceeds to do the only thing he's ever been any good at, which is wring every penny out of the operation while simultaneously shrinking it to near-oblivion. Meantime all the pilots in a position to move on (and who hence were far more likely to support collective bargaining) have punched out, and what you're left with are an oddball assortment of oldsters, non-four-year guys and damaged goods.

Had there been true growth at 'Flex and had the company been able to attract younger guys with higher career expectations, the decert drive would have never gotten off the ground.

Last edited:
There’s about 6 of you boys dominating the fractional message boards. If you keep talking to yourselves long enough, you’ll start believing what you say is the truth (again). The real numbers point to the truth, you got it wrong!

Two years ago IBT already on the property had weak support and insufficient solidarity, evidenced by only winning by 20ish votes. Of those who voted for the IBT back then their true support was shaky at best and a down hill slide to present day. You will (wrongly) argue the company hired anti union pilots for the last two years and many supporters went elsewhere. I will argue the company hired pilots looking for work, just like you were when you came here. Your supporters who left didn’t believe either, and bailed. We could start a whole thread just on this paragraph but why bother? The result is reality and you’ve been through enough.

Another false talking point you have yourselves believing is how the 321 pilots who voted against the IBT won’t be able to work anywhere else. Obviously this type of scare tactic didn’t serve the IBT well. It sounded childish and makes you that spew the same garbage sound childish too. The industry knows the Teamsters and the intimidation tactics that are their signature. The industry also knows the IBT failed.

This was a battle against a failed organization that was on shaky ground in the first place. The 1108’s failure did more to hurt 96,000 unionized Pilots than the pilots who voted no representation. This will be reinforced when IBT officials go to court for the intimidating mail and packages that terrorized innocent families. I’d keep those withdrawal cards safely in your wallets unless someone asks to see it.

So to you guys who are the vocal minority it’s time to realize just that - your the minority. Give yourselves a break and let it go.

Aww. How cute. You had to start an account to take a shot at a message board only 6 guys are posting on. That you squawk?

Just can’t srop lending validity to this forum can you? Why is that?

BS.

The presence of you, squawk, the union busting lump sum account and a few others tells me all I need to know about this forum. A lot of people read it. It’s about the only source of dissent, and non Ricci boot licking information available. Right now 20 people are viewing.

You’d be better off just admitting it rather than trying to marginalize it. Because your words say one thing, and your need to start an account to try and refute says quite another.

Last edited:
Bulls hitter I responded at length to you on another thread so I won't cut and paste here.

I have to agree with DB. I haven't posted everyday but I look several times a day. There are hundreds who pass through here on a daily basis. Many dozen unique screen manes and scores of visitors on the fractional thread alone. If the audience wasn't important to people like you we both know you wouldn't bother so why pretend it doesn't?

There’s about 6 of you boys dominating the fractional message boards. If you keep talking to yourselves long enough, you’ll start believing what you say is the truth (again). The real numbers point to the truth, you got it wrong!

Two years ago IBT already on the property had weak support and insufficient solidarity, evidenced by only winning by 20ish votes. Of those who voted for the IBT back then their true support was shaky at best and a down hill slide to present day. You will (wrongly) argue the company hired anti union pilots for the last two years and many supporters went elsewhere. I will argue the company hired pilots looking for work, just like you were when you came here. Your supporters who left didn’t believe either, and bailed. We could start a whole thread just on this paragraph but why bother? The result is reality and you’ve been through enough.

Another false talking point you have yourselves believing is how the 321 pilots who voted against the IBT won’t be able to work anywhere else. Obviously this type of scare tactic didn’t serve the IBT well. It sounded childish and makes you that spew the same garbage sound childish too. The industry knows the Teamsters and the intimidation tactics that are their signature. The industry also knows the IBT failed.

This was a battle against a failed organization that was on shaky ground in the first place. The 1108’s failure did more to hurt 96,000 unionized Pilots than the pilots who voted no representation. This will be reinforced when IBT officials go to court for the intimidating mail and packages that terrorized innocent families. I’d keep those withdrawal cards safely in your wallets unless someone asks to see it.

So to you guys who are the vocal minority it’s time to realize just that - your the minority. Give yourselves a break and let it go.

You are delusional. You are full of alternative facts and you will WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY get what you have coming to you and so will the 318. Our industry has a long memory for sell outs, just ask a scab- fairly certain flex has a few working at your bottom feeder operation.

You are delusional. You are full of alternative facts and you will WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY get what you have coming to you and so will the 318. Our industry has a long memory for sell outs, just ask a scab- fairly certain flex has a few working at your bottom feeder operation.

Why are you posting on OneSky threads when you don’t work here? Just curious. Lonely?

Latest resources

Back