Another CRJ tech questions (2)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wil said:
Hey Logo- Can you on the F.O. side? No, it only slows the pusher rate but does not cancel. Sorry to be a butt, ha,ha!

That's incorrect. Yes it does cancel the stick pusher completely. Who told you that?

The FO's side doesn't make the yoke bounce back like the captain's does... it just allows you to overpower it. The CA's side fully cancels the pusher.

The Aux gear extension is system 2. Something about it forcing it the rest of the way to lock coming from system 3 though seems to come to mind... dont have my systems manual with me on this trip.

There is no stall switch, just the stick pusher on/off switch on each side. With that selected off, all that you will get is a "STALL FAIL" caution message.

Are you asking about the stall test switchlight?

Yes I was refering to the stick pusher switch on the side panel. What is the deal with the FOs side being different from the Capts? I though either switch did the same thing, completly remove the stick pusher and shaker?

We still dont have a good answer for the MLG AUX extension system........I still think it somehow powers the gear down unlike the nose system.

The AP/SP disconnect SW works the same on both sides. From the Pinnacle FCOM I: (bold emphasis is mine)

The stick pusher may be stopped by pressing and holding the autopilot stick pusher disconnect switch (AP/SP DISC), on the CAs or FOs control wheel. The stick pusher is capable of operating immediately once the autopilot/stick pusher disconnect switch is released. In the event of a malfunction, the stick pusher may be disconnected by selecting the PUSHER switch to OFF on the CA's or FO's stall protection panel. Both switches must be ON for stick pusher activation.

PCL_128 said:
The AP/SP disconnect SW works the same on both sides. From the Pinnacle FCOM I: (bold emphasis is mine)

You might be right and the FCOM 1 might be right.. BUT FCOM 1 is the worst manual ever in the history of manuals... barely helped during initial...had to use a Check Air. notes to learn about the systems

There are multiple blatant errors in the electrical section when I was looking through it the other day...

Disregard my thing about system three on the aux extension... it's all system 2. It free falls and the hydraulic system 2 forces it into locking.

PeanuckleCRJ said:
There are multiple blatant errors in the electrical section when I was looking through it the other day...

Have you put in the revisions they've put out since you got your book initially? The book still isn't the best (I prefer the old fashioned way of learning how to practically build the plane), but it's pretty accurate. I can't remember anything incorrect in there from when I went to upgrade last year. It just doesn't have as much info as I'd like.

mullet said:
WHOOP-
WHOOP-

NERD
ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, yeah. I know. :D

Latest resources

Back