Another CRJ tech questions (2)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xcr600

Ok so Stall Switch is selected off, will you still get stall lights and cont ignition? I would think so but I dont know so.

Also,
Aux gear extension does this just unlock the MLG or is there another hyd cylinder within the main extension cylinder to actually extend the gear using sys 2 pressure? I have had this explained to me both ways??

thanks

xcr600 said:
Ok so Stall Switch is selected off, will you still get stall lights and cont ignition? I would think so but I dont know so.

Also,
Aux gear extension does this just unlock the MLG or is there another hyd cylinder within the main extension cylinder to actually extend the gear using sys 2 pressure? I have had this explained to me both ways??

thanks
Yes and yes but not sure on the system 2 hyd..

xcr600 said:

The CRJ does not have a "stall switch." If you are referring to the stick pusher on/off switch all stall systems remain functional except for pusher actuation when tuned off.

xcr600 said:
Also,

The MLG auxiliary actuator is powered by hydraulic system 3.

DoinTime said:
The MLG auxiliary actuator is powered by hydraulic system 3.

Negatory.

It's HYD 2.

Check it out next time you pull up the HYD synoptic page...

Rogue5 said:
Negatory.

It's HYD 2.

Check it out next time you pull up the HYD synoptic page...

Correct....I was envisioning the page and the MLG Aux Act is located in the third column. I equated that with system 3 but it is actually system 2. Thanks for the catch!

Canadian logic says the systems should be set up according to functionality, not layout. Go figure.

Remember, you can disable the stick pusher by pressing and holding the auto pilot disconnect switch on the control yoke.

Hey Logo- Can you on the F.O. side? No, it only slows the pusher rate but does not cancel. Sorry to be a butt, ha,ha!

logolight said:
Remember, you can disable the stick pusher by pressing and holding the auto pilot disconnect switch on the control yoke.

Thats a great trick while doing your PC. Should you get the stick pusher that really bones up the rest of the maneuver in the sim.

wil said:
Hey Logo- Can you on the F.O. side? No, it only slows the pusher rate but does not cancel. Sorry to be a butt, ha,ha!

I do it on the FO side and the pusher does not happen.

Latest resources

Back