• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Angry Delta pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, I give up--who does that make "racist"?

You? The guy who posted to Liveleak and added the transcription? The controller who said "axe"? Who, exactly?

'Cause it kinda' seemed like you said the Delta pilot was racist, when he neither said anything of the sort, nor made fun of the controller's ebonics accent. He was just pissed because he thought he was being screwed with professionally. I don't know if it's true that that happens or not, but that was suggested by Juniority and others. Regardless, I didn't hear that race played any factor at all here. Please help me out.

Bubba

Bubba jones : defender against any and all race cards!

;)
Yeah, race isn't a conversation here
Something flipped the deltoid's switch, but only one person knows what that was.

I don't need to know or want to know-
Just don't excoriate me for laughing:):)

Been flying out of ATL for over 10 years and I've never experienced any little gotchas or traps set by ATL ground. Always been straightforward and professional.

Do they only do it to Delta?

'Captain Happy' ha!

what a Dbag

When they initially called for taxi, or beginning to taxi, I think they had a delay to CLT. May have set the Capts mood to start, not an excuse for the outburst though. ATL controllers are pretty much by the book and demand read backs, hold short instructions, etc. nothing wrong with that. This deal was just correcting the pilot 'cause he taxied wrong. As far as directions in ATL you taxi just about straight to join M so why would the ctlr say via perpendicular taxiway whatever is there at Ramp 3. The 'Capt Happy' comment was funny. And then another Delta pilot asked if the ctlr wanted him on M or L in jest, and the ctlr was chuckling at that too. Just another day at the airdrome!

Last edited:
I think I've flown with a couple of "turn the heat off" guys at SWA....then they go back to telling Tweet stories...if he yells at me to turn the heat off I turn it full hot and say grow longer arms kernel...or god forbid put the HUD up! [emoji6]

This story is all over the local and national papers too!

...funniest part is most of the articles refer to LIMA and MIKE as runways! - Not sure if this is to make it sound more dramatic or just really poor reporting.

another black eye for delta especially with their taxiway landing at ATL a few yrs back.

Latest resources

Back