• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And so it begins...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bleh...:rolleyes: Baggage handlers here at SWA are some of the best paid in the industry. If they think unskilled labor deserves still more, maybe they should look elsewhere. I'm sure some of the factories or mills might be hiring.

Or get an education and a professional job.

Do you need a bachelor's to get on at SWA as a pilot? When did that become a requirement?

Do you need a bachelor's to get on at SWA as a pilot? When did that become a requirement?

No SWA is a smart airline they know a college degree has nothing to do with flying an airplane

Last edited:
I don't know if it's required, but I suspect that the vast majority of new-hires will have one.

That is because almost everyone has one

That is because almost everyone has one

I think it also has to do with the computer. Everything is assigned a score. Remember, the computer selects people for interviews now by assigning everything a score. I'm betting the degree is worth a lot of points.

Ehh...Bag handlers can be replaced. It doesn't exactly take a lot of training to sling bags. If they aren't happy with their pay, let them go find someone else that pays unskilled labor so well as SW.
Great attitude. You from a union shop or one of the kool aid drinkers somewhere else?

It's probably not all about pay but a bunch of other things too.

Yip,

A 4 year degree is preferred by the computer more than a type is for Swa.

It can be overcome with an applicants other achievements, but don't pretend that it's not a question that will have to be answered.

You're in the minority in this opinion yip.

Yip,

A 4 year degree is preferred by the computer more than a type is for Swa.

It can be overcome with an applicants other achievements, but don't pretend that it's not a question that will have to be answered.

You're in the minority in this opinion yip.
I agree, and have posted many times that is probably needed for the final step. But is has nothing to do with flying an airplane. The only colleges I have seen that ensure superiority airmanship are the service academies. As the pilot experience shortage grows we will see more and more non-grads getting the good jobs.

Latest resources

Back