AMICEATM!! wtf??? Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MITSIPILOT

Seeing as you are so quick to jump to conclusions about Comair Aviation Academy teaching its students to taxi off the centerline, I've decided to help you by providing you with Sanford International Airports Tower phone # and address. Maybe you should give them a call and hear just exactly why Comair students and ALL GA aircraft at SFB taxi to the right of the center line.

Sanford Airport Traffic Control Tower
2100 Airline Ave
Sanford Fl
407-330-9816

"never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut!"

Lucky,

I dont think Mitsipilot ment to offend anyone with his/her post. It is just that once you go to many airports....all over the place, you find that this occurence is not common.

Now there will be airports where they have these type of rules to follow(non standard).....with that being said, many of us may not know that if we have not been to sanford.

I am assuming that you are a student at comair acadamy.....and it appears that you are very loyal to your school and stick up for them....that is very commendable(sp?).

Just my .02 cents

1900cpt

Taxiing on right is indeed given by ground. When not given, students taxi on the centerline. AMICEATM is just an acronym that corresponds to the CAA flow of approach set-up and brief. Everyone has their own way, and like most, this one works just fine.

QRTAPML- Who what?

BellyFlyer said:
Taxiing on right is indeed given by ground. When not given, students taxi on the centerline. AMICEATM is just an acronym that corresponds to the CAA flow of approach set-up and brief. Everyone has their own way, and like most, this one works just fine.

For those of us that are not Comair students would someone mind going through what AMICEATM actually stands for?

Ali

(A)TIS - Destination airport
(M)arker Beacons - Check them if this is an ILS
(I)D - Are we looking at the correct app. plate?
(C)ourse - Final approach course
(E)ntry - Vectors or Full
(A)ltitudes - MSA, MDA, DH, etc
(T)ime - Between FAF and MAP for non-precision
(M)issed - Procedure for missed approach

Just an acronym like so many others in aviation...

Acronyms....

Try to figure this acronym out.....

IMHOATATFLAJSAAWOT.

It applies even if you are taxiing backwards.

Lucky,

Unfortunately the article gave no reason for this nonstandard requirement. Thank you for informing me of Sanford ATC policies. I have never been to Sanford and as long as I have been flying, I have never heard of such a thing. What happens when you tell ATC that you will not taxi off of centerline due to potential obstruction clearance issues? There is a centerline for a reason. It just doesn't sound like a very safe way of operating around a busy airport. Hopefully once your guaranteed that right seat CRJ job with Comair, you will remember to get back on the centerline before you tear a wing off.

As far as the acronym, I still thinks its kinda of silly. The author says that he was looked down upon for trying to use the briefing strip already printed on the approach plate. And the biggest joke was when the Comair instructor said that this was used by the airlines.

Last edited:
Taxiway centerlines and acronyms

Thanks for filling us in, Comair guys, on taxiway usage in Sanford. There is always another side to the story. The AOPA writer should have provided more explanation; instead, he just wrote it off (sorry) to being the "Comair way."

I found the article to be amusing because of the perspective it gave to flight school-type training. The writer was obviously writing from the perspective of being on the outside looking in. There was "golly, gee whiz, wow" splashed all over the article. You'd get a different mood and tone if the same subject was presented in Professional Pilot. To me, the author's experience sounded very much like just another day of instrument training at, e.g., ERAU, FlightSafety, Mesa, or Pan Am. Each school has its own acronyms, mnemonics and SOPs for briefing an approach.

Good luck with your training and flying careers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back