Ameriflight-What's it like to work there

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pistonpilot

Would like to know what it's like to fly for Ameriflight. What aircraft do they start you in, what's the schedule like, give an example of what a typical day is like, what's the interview like. I live near the Burbank location.

Does Ameriflight make you resign your seniority if you are furloughed?

Typically, you'll start in the Lance. Seniority is by base, so depending on how fast people are moving up you'll go to the Chieftain, then a turbine like the 99 or Metro. The schedule runs on a five day week. A typical run would leave the base in the early morning, fly out to two or three stations. You would then sit at the outstation in the hotel until the late afternoon, when you would fly the same route in reverse to return. Makes for a long day and long sit in the middle of the day. There are some runs that have no wait time in the middle, however, those depart in the late evening and early morning. They are also senior runs.

Did you say Hotel??

that's the joke of the year !!

Try a little beat up apartment in the heart of the ghetto !!

That's least that's how they did it in BUR

Two-9-9-TwoSet said:
Did you say Hotel??

that's the joke of the year !!

Try a little beat up apartment in the heart of the ghetto !!

Hehe, yeah, forgot about that. Some places like BUR and I think LAS have little apartments for you. It depends on the run.

I work at Airnet and we have more than a few guys working for us who tell horror story after horror story about Ameriflight. Try Airnet, I believe we are hiring again.

WhaT are the domiciles for the Lancec and what are the chances I will get Burbank because that is what I want? What time would you get back home every night after your run? How many hours do you have to wait in the apartment?

Thanks

Amflight

I believe for many Piper Lance runs the wait in the hotel is something like 6-7 hours. You leave your base around 7am or so in the morning, and return around 6-7pm in the evening, or something like that.

Burbank isn't too difficult to get as its where their headquarters are and I believe their largest pilot base.

Lance domiciles are Burbank, Oakland and Phoenix.

Hope this helps!

Don't forget to log the miles you put on the Ameri-colt! More than 25 miles a day gets you put on Stu's speed dial!

Latest resources

Back