• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American... Get that rig!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
American pilots accepted 7 additional concessions to get an early and increase in pay and also pushed out Section 6 till 2020. The money was the bribe and the pilots accepted it, this is a 9/11 contract till 2020, do not polish this turd into something it is not...no profit sharing also.

As a reference 12 year CA pay at AA for the 737/A320 will be $228/hour this year and by 2019 $256/hour. As Carl mentioned there isn't much else n the contract except for the 401k contribution.

Perhaps you shouldn't be relying on APC as fact. Delta top rate (12 years) on the 900ER is $218.05 and the 800/700 is $216.92. Those are as of Jan 1, 2015.

Whoops-looks like tanker boy just got POwnwed once again. Now about bringing up your substandard pay, retirement, and uniforms, pool boy.

There are plenty of people that are clueless about the SW pay system.

I just finished flying around 85 hours of flight time for Jan, and will be paid 126 trips for pay. Picked up a few trips, some deadheading in there, and that awesome rig of 6.5 per day showed up a few times. No premium and I'll make the equivalent of a 12 year Delta widebody FO. Around 180/hr per hour flown.

Substandard? Hardly. Now I'm all for increasing the retirement component and increasing the pay with at least min COLA raises, but to throw the whole structure under the bus just because you're ex-Tranny is ridiculous.

Parking? Yea that's a huge benefit. Reserve? Maybe we could get airport standby like AirTran had. Give me a break.

Nobody comes close on..

1. Rig per day
2. Codeshare, scope
3. Pay structure in general

I haven't worked for AirTran since 1998, and back then it was no place you would want to be. So I can't speak to that. Parking is a matter of principle. Why are we paying for the privilege of being at work? In bases like Vegas it is thousands of dollars per year! As for reserve, there are many things that can be done to improve the quality of life of pilots on reserve, especially those who commute.

Let's not throw away possible QOL improvements in favor of bragging rights as to who has the biggest W2. There is more to life than that.

FA,

I agree. I'd like to see improvement no doubt. Paid parking would be nice. We need to pull together to get this done because Gary isn't just going to hand it over.

1.4 Billion in profit for 2014 and 3 Billion dollars in the bank. Just remember those numbers going forward. Oh, and one more...

500 Million in 1st quarter savings for fuel. Big, big numbers.

They can afford some improvements. No question.

There are plenty of people that are clueless about the SW pay system.

I just finished flying around 85 hours of flight time for Jan, and will be paid 126 trips for pay. Picked up a few trips, some deadheading in there, and that awesome rig of 6.5 per day showed up a few times. No premium and I'll make the equivalent of a 12 year Delta widebody FO. Around 180/hr per hour flown.

Well then-I suppose you are more than adequately paid. Good luck on getting management to give you more when it's apparently so easy to make $$$. Why again should they pay you more?

Parking is a matter of principle. Why are we paying for the privilege of being at work? In bases like Vegas it is thousands of dollars per year!

I'm based in LAS and pay for parking. It's $40/mo or $480/yr. where do you come up with thousands of dollars a year? Anyway, still want the company to pay it.

Latest resources

Back