• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Airlines..new commercials

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've already seen the commercials. I think they are great. Since it's a dream of mine to fly for American... always has :D They have the most beautiful Boeing 777's out there!

Mikie

Ah yes, AMR: The kings of propaganda. These media pros today can make anything look good. Put a steaming pile of dog crap up on the screen with a sun setting behind it, and some cool music, and we all get hard.

I'm sorry. Can you tell I work for AMR?

Sure

Yeah. What's incredibly obvious is that you work for Eagle. Probably with no chance of ever flowing through. Your bitterness comes through quite well.

Tomorrow, walk in the office and give notice. You'll make yourself sick working for a company you hate.
Sets a real bad example for other people who expect professional attitudes from the pilots at AMR as well.

Do us all a favor.

SF3CAP said:
Ah yes, AMR: The kings of propaganda. These media pros today can make anything look good. Put a steaming pile of dog crap up on the screen with a sun setting behind it, and some cool music, and we all get hard.

I'm sorry. Can you tell I work for AMR?

I haven't seen the new commercials. I guess I don't live in a market where they would be shown. I don't care what they look like as long as they convince people to fly AA and spend a lot for their tickets.......getting sick of being furloughed!

I can't believe anyone who works for AMR would get a warm fuzzy over these commercials. To see the company feeding a line of bull to the public with one side of their mouth, while trying to screw their employees out of everything with the other. Makes me sick.

Yes I work for Eagle. Yes we are the b@stard step child. Yes I've given up on the flow through. This is irrelevant. I have friends and family on the AA side who laugh at these spots too.

They give us nothing to be "proud" of.

I have to agree with Clownpilot on this one. One of the many great things about this country is "Freedom". Unlike the old Soviet Union, if you don't like the company you work for, they cannot make you stay, or banish you to Siberia. And quitting is not your only option. You can buy 10% of the outstanding shares of AMR and demand a seat on the board. Then you can help decide how the company should be run. Let's see, 10% of the outstanding AMR shares = 15,400,000 shares x todays closing price of $25.66. Go for it! Is this a great country or what?

I'll have to side with FOAgain and SF3CAP,

OK, I'm fulroughed from Eagle. Yes, I'd love to go back, but let's all be HONEST (you AA guys too). AMR has never been known as a leader in employee relations. Even you AA guys seem to have gripes about SCOPE, "outsourcing," and the company's interpretation. So let's not pretend that only Eagle guys have bad attitudes. Let's face it, we all can complain about a number of things. Anybody can. Of course it's more valuable and beneficial to look at the brighter side of things.

But it's tough (especially at Eagle, were people aren't paid a whole lot) to be positive, when AMR doesn't treat you with respect. AMR has shown little loyalty to its employees. Just because someone is annoyed with company bulls$$t doesn't mean one wants to give up a job doing what we all love: flying.
So don't be so quick to jump on somebody just for venting a little frustration!!!!

Latest resources

Back