Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Accukwik

[QUOTE}
But, hey....shouldn't you be doing something better with your time than listening to some country tunes or news while airborne? Does not sound like a very good idea.
[QUOTE}

I agree with Safteycheck...you should be doing something better with your time on those long legs.....like catching up on your reading, making sure the Captain gets his/her nap, maintaining your investments or networking with the other members of the flight crew....

Seriously, if everything is under control, a few tunes can't do any harm...

Has anyone tried Sony's new portable XM radio receiver while flying? It should theoretically work right?

I am talking about the one that looks sort of like a radar detector and you can take it in the car, hook it up to your home stereo, etc.

Now if that worked, flying long haul would be a ton of fun. Crystal clear, 100 radio stations. =) Well worth the $10 monthly fee.

Vik,

If they do work I might actually have a reason to buy one of those.

Come on we need someone that is wiling to try it.

I had an old fossil of a captain once who woke up and told me to quit reading.....

I knew a guy who bought a portable DVD player so he could watch movies while in cruise.

PS Engineering has a unit called "The Muse". It goes inline of your headphone jack and allows you to pipe anything in via an 1/8" jack. It'll even soft mute for radio calls. I just bring my CD collection and...er......um...well...I just heard that it works great.

the muse works pretty well.... but here is a better (cheaper) trick.

go down to your local avioncs shop with a 6-10ft mini stereo cord (male ends on both sides), have them cut one of the plugs off and install a mic plug instead.
....plug one end into cd/mp3/dvd player, and the other into the observer mic jack, and viola! it only costs a couple of bucks and both you and the captain can enjoy tunes. a side benefit is that you can pump it out over the p.a. for boarding. did i mention i love german speed metal? -sr.:D

AM Station List

Here's a listing of a fair number of am radio stations in the lower 48 ... http://home.earthlink.net/~brockcj

click on the opening picture ... then on the left side, click on "miscellaneous aviation sites" ... or something like that ... then on the right side, click on the AM radio station list.

Fly safe, enjoy the stations!

Latest resources

Back