AM Radio Station List?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sppedmode

Does anyone have a list of AM radio station freqs throughout the country that I can tune in to the ADF while kickin' back on 2-3 hour legs? I've seen a list somewhere, but didn't know if one is posted on the internet. thanks...

I recall seeing a list of all the clear channel radio stations on one of the pilot boards some time ago. I may have it bookmarked back home and will check when I get off vacation.

I'll regret the day they come and rip out the ADFs; I won't be able to listen to Rush, Boortz, Hannity, and good 'ol bluegrass or oldies anymore. Oh well, go hi-tech and break out the MP3 player! I'll have to subscribe to Rush 24/7 then...

Well, I fly a pretty new CRJ jet, and it still has an ADF in it. They still train us to fly NDB approaches, and the radio is part of the same unit that has the com and nav radios we normally use. Personally, I don't think they will be going away soon. They couldn't take out just the ADF without purchasing a whole new radio, and I don't think that's going to happen. I think they'lle be around for awhile.

I got my list from www.pilotshirts.com

I use it crossing the country all the time and works great.

Besides AM stations, dial your VOR to 108.00 and pull the squelch and you can usually pick up some good tunes. Unless of course you are in south texas, and then you can only enjoy the tunes if you understand spanish. Most cities have a 107.8 or 107.9 which is what you will pick up.

You guys are good!

That was the exact list I was looking for! My next question was going to be a good place to get fitted pilot shirts because I'm tired of looking like a fat ass! Thanks Diesel...

Accukwik

Check the back of your Accu-Kwik guide for am radio stations around the country. While the list is not very large, it is very good.

But, hey....shouldn't you be doing something better with your time than listening to some country tunes or news while airborne? Does not sound like a very good idea.

:eek:

So I suppose playing my gameboy is out of the question??

Maybe we should turn off all the radios....those are pretty distracting too.

Ali

Latest resources

Back