ALPA vs ALPA merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What would you say for AS-VX?

Any idea which attorney the Alaska MEC has hired? That might give some indication about how they'll try to proceed with it.

Generally, if it gets to arbitration, the answer is always the same: ratio by category and status. But the Alaska MEC is going to fight tooth and nail to prevent it. It's going to be ugly.

Freund? He'll be a voice of reason. Might help. It'll still be ugly, though.

Is there a reason to believe that as 2 ALPA carriers if the two pilot merger committees can't work out, it won't go into arbitration?

Is there a reason to believe that as 2 ALPA carriers if the two pilot merger committees can't work out, it won't go into arbitration?

Depends on whether outside factors are involved. Remember, Southwest management was the wild card that screwed us over. They shouldn't have been involved, but they interjected themselves into the process and started making threats. I doubt Alaska management would do the same, but you never know what factors could come to play. All else being equal, though, unless the Virgin MEC decides to just roll over, I can't see it not going to arbitration.

Great point, and thanks for your insight. Your track record is spot on when it comes to these kinds of things so I appreciate it.

Indeed they have. Just look at the quote in one of your coworker's signature line of me predicting the screwing of the AirTran pilots years in advance.

Hell yeah, it is my signature line. I was on the same page as you, that it wouldn't be good for AirTran if we acquired you. Then you seemed shocked when it happened, thats what I couldn't understand.

Hell yeah, it is my signature line. I was on the same page as you, that it wouldn't be good for AirTran if we acquired you. Then you seemed shocked when it happened, thats what I couldn't understand.

I was fooled by our strike vote and the incredible turnouts of multiple SPC events during late stage contract negotiations. I thought our pilots had actually grown a spine. On that, I was wrong.

Latest resources

Back