• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA 401k vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The question now is.... with less operating funds, the satiated membership will expect ALPA to do more with less... and of course when ALPA does not because it has a big gaping AAAhole in its budget... the ALPA haters will jig with glee at its ineffectiveness...
So is a proposal for Dues Increase in the works?

ALPA is in need of more dues money because ALPA fu%$#D up, and I'm so glad to see the membership tell them "not out of MY pockets."

Very plain.....very simple. ALPA is an organization in decline, and for very obvious reasons.

Congratulations to all the peons out here that don't have 2 nickels to rub together, let alone a buck for the van driver. This is a victory for all of us. Alpo finally did the right thing, although it was the people that voted this down and not the executive branch of Alpo. If Alpo can negotiate 50% pay raises for it's members and couple our yearly pay increases to the inflation rate, then maybe, just maybe I could stomach having my 401K contributions assessed. But until I am paid what highly skilled labor should be paid, then hell no!! I won't let anyone assess my 401K contributions.

CrewPass and now the defeat of this obnoxious proposal. What does Alpo have in store for us next? If they stay on this course I will continue to refer to them as Alpo instead of alpo. Maybe one day I can refer to them as ALPA. Highly doubtful though.

Very plain.....very simple. ALPA is an organization in decline, and for very obvious reasons.

What do you suggest as an alternative?

Or is subjecting yourself to your employers whim (aka indentured servatude) satisfactory?

ALPA's removal of date of hire as an integration criteria is flawed. While not every integration supports a straight DOH merge, removing the possibility that it is to be considered is worse. Couple that with the desire to no longer have fences and you get your AAA/AWA debacle. In short, the "elephants" changed it to their advantage when they were growing and bulked up on FNG's. Then again, all it took was for the TWA pilots to give the OZ pilots DOH. That's a different rant. Seems to me that shortly thereafter the elephants wanted the DOH provision replaced with "career expectations."

In the meantime, ALPA also needs to control regional airline whipsawing so as to prevent undercutting between its own membership groups. A minimum work rule standard and pay rate should be implemented with no contract being approved that doesn't meet the criteria.

Instead, ALPA just worries about how big the membership is and how it can grab revenue without it seeming like its trying...to grab revenue.

stlflyguy

Latest resources

Back