• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA 401k vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hence the option to recall. You can't live up to your word? Then you'll be replaced!

It isn't going to happen...

We get the picture...ALPA put democracy on the back burner.

No, they didn't put populist outcry on the front burner...

And I actually agree with one of your points. Pilots have proven time and again they will not put their career at stake when it comes to concessions.

Then why do you expect more from unions..

It isn't going to happen...
Do you think it won't happen as a result of apathy on behalf of the membership? Or do you think the National Executives will protect their own?
Phrase it however you wish...the majority of those who voted were against Age 65. There is no excuse for a Union to go against the will of its membership.
Then why do you expect more from unions..
Please refer to post #96...2nd paragraph.

Another "Rezism"....

Democracy is majority rules.... if Rez agrees......If he doesn't agree then it is "populist outcry"....

I hear a lot of "populist outcry" coming from Rez....

Do you think it won't happen as a result of apathy on behalf of the membership? Or do you think the National Executives will protect their own?

Membership apathy. Or lack of concerns really. I mean who is really calling for recall. Moniker clowns on FI?

There is no real recall movement. It doesn't exist.

EC/EB protecting theor own? If that was true then the 401k dues would have been "passed"

Phrase it however you wish...the majority of those who voted were against Age 65. There is no excuse for a Union to go against the will of its membership.

Again, there was no majority... it was the majority of the minority. The true real majority was apathetic and gave the leadership a "blank check".

Please refer to post #96...2nd paragraph.

No we are wating for individual pilots to reach ciritical mass at the same time to effect change.

Membership apathy. Or lack of concerns really. I mean who is really calling for recall. Moniker clowns on FI?

There is no real recall movement. It doesn't exist.

EC/EB protecting theor own? If that was true then the 401k dues would have been "passed"

Again, there was no majority... it was the majority of the minority. The true real majority was apathetic and gave the leadership a "blank check".
Potato - Potahtoe. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

No we are wating for individual pilots to reach ciritical mass at the same time to effect change.
I think the industry will be waiting a long time. Rather than stay and fix things...alot of pilots get fed up and leave the industry.

Meanwhile...a good portion are "just lucky to have a job" in this kind of economy.

And a third group "isn't in it for the pay"

These are a hinderance to any real improvements being made for airline pilots.

My prediction is that pilots aren't going to boil over any time soon.

We our our own worst enemy.

I think the industry will be waiting a long time. Rather than stay and fix things...alot of pilots get fed up and leave the industry.

Meanwhile...a good portion are "just lucky to have a job" in this kind of economy.

And a third group "isn't in it for the pay"

These are a hinderance to any real improvements being made for airline pilots.

My prediction is that pilots aren't going to boil over any time soon.

We our our own worst enemy.

If that is the case then I'll stop trying to motivate pilots to become more active if you stop blaming an unsupported union leadership....

Deal?

If that is the case then I'll stop trying to motivate pilots to become more active if you stop blaming an unsupported union leadership....

Deal?
I can't absolve the weak leadership, Rez. Neither at the MEC level or the National level.

Latest resources

Back