• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALoha air cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHAT????? 28K??? WHERE CAN YOU LIVE ON THAT?

28K/ 26 PAYCHECKS EQUALS. 1076.92$ GROSS
subtract 20% taxes = 861.53$
Subtract for Insurance 50$
Subtract for 401k 10% 107.69$
Nice Cash Flow.
577$ avail cash to eat and Live off of every 2 weeks.

Oh yea Plus you get to miss most of the Holidays and weekend with family too. Yea It is Ok to live in Poverty just so you can say you Fly airplanes.

You people never learn.....

Are you new to the industry?

Pagan, No not new to the Industry. Entered In 1988 US Army Aviation.
then Major Airlines and Mech, then Overseas to Gain experience then back to Usa for another Major as Pilot. 15 years later they die. mean while I work as Contract Pilot in the Usa. then I found a good gig at Real Airline again.
Family suffered with all the Chaos but we stuck it out. Never had to succumb to the less than stellar wages.
Sorry you guys are willing to accept a less than steller wage.
Over and Out.
have a nice DAY.

Substandard wages are certainly bad for the profession, but toughing it out through a very lean first year is not unreasonable.

And please, pilots are not to blame.

So tell us v2 what major did you fly for and what was first year pay?
I left a long-haul freight jobs for a major 2 years ago and only made 36k the first year. It was a severe pay cut. I dealt with it since second year pay nearly doubled that (all the raises coming up are significant) and my qol/retirement/schedule/lack of commute is much better.

Pagan, No not new to the Industry. Entered In 1988 US Army Aviation.
then Major Airlines and Mech, then Overseas to Gain experience then back to Usa for another Major as Pilot. 15 years later they die. mean while I work as Contract Pilot in the Usa. then I found a good gig at Real Airline again.
Family suffered with all the Chaos but we stuck it out. Never had to succumb to the less than stellar wages.
Sorry you guys are willing to accept a less than steller wage.
Over and Out.
have a nice DAY.

I smell fish.

When I interviewed, they said that they will let us know within the next couple weeks. Hopefully we'll hear anything soon...

Money's not everything. There is quality of life and having a little bit of pride when you finally do get back into your career field, no matter what the pay. This tool is just sitting fat, DUMB, and happy, judging every other person in the industry as if he knows there situation. As if there situation is the same as his. Not everybody is the same. Some people have to make sacrifices that other people don't understand, could never understand. Until they're in that position. Put the blinders back on and move to another thread.

I think many people forget that we are tradesmen. It's great to have the apprenticeship done (licenses in hand) but the other important factor is experience. Like every other trade we need to build our experience and it isn't easy. It involves a huge amount of sacrifice and it doesn't pay off right away. The dedicated will take their learned skills, build their experience and in a few years be in a position to ask to be compensated for what they are worth.

Latest resources

Back