Allegheny Airlines gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Masterfly,

I think we will eventually, but when is anybody's guess. Several of our Dashes are approaching 30,000 hours, and most are in the 20,000 hour range, so they won't last forever. The manufacturers are shifting their focus to jets in response to demand, which I think is a shame, because I think turboprops have a viable place in the industry, especially on the short, low flights that make up a good part of our schedule. I think some Dash-400s, supplemented with some -200s (I don't think they make the 100s any more), would be a great aircraft for our operation. But with with consumer preference being what it is, it is only a matter of time until we re-equip. That is, once they resolve the Scope issues with mainline.

Anyone know what the current upgrade times are with Allegheny? Also, I heard a rumor that Piedmont pilots were given job security by their contract in the event that US Airways should sell them...is this even true and if so does Allegheny have the same security? Thanks in advance for the info.

Want some good advice. Stay away from US Airways right now!!! Stay farrrrr away my son!

Oh, don't worry...I intend to. I was asking primarily to satisfy curiosity.

Latest resources

Back