• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All hat and no horn Handschuch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Red Label pilots have a little clause in their manual that says they MAY be required to work on their "days off", sometimes on short notice. What QOL will that leave you with? NO thanks!

If Red Label Pilots are paying attention, and I think they are, they will realize they have the most to lose from decertification.

If you're a Red Label pilot and you doubt the veracity of the above statement I suggest you look at what you have now in writing in an enforceable contract versus what could be taken away from you day after the union is decertified.

Let's face facts management is not going to give anything more to a Red Label pilot. So to me securing what they have is a no-brainer considering it could be taken away in a heartbeat.

The ones who really should question if they could benefit from decertification are regular line pilots. The ones who deserve a raise and seat. But to vote for decertification means they would have to ignore the past four years of management rule and Mr. Ricci's own words to realize there is no more room at the top for the specially anointed.

Let me ask you a question. If PD, who is still sitting right seat and paid significantly lower than those who surround him on the seniority list, hasn't been rewarded with the promises they're giving to you, why should you expect it for yourself? Remember PD has been carting heavy water for management in this decert drive. Don't go blaming it on the union - management has had plenty of opportunities to go around the rules like they have for dozens of other pilots. They don't reward him because they don't have to; he's willing to do their dirty work for free because of a personal vendetta.

Without a contract, what makes you think you have any leverage to claim what you're worth? To get what was promised? To get what you deserve as a professional?

I've said it before. Mr. Ricci is not the problem. This decertification drive is not a vote against him or his rights as an entrepreneur.

This vote is about your professionalism and our industry. This vote is about the past 20 years of history. This vote is about fairness and stability.

VOTE IBT-1108!

Latest resources

Back