Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
Does anyone know anything about warbelow's in Alaska? Also how is the flying up there march thru september? Is there nothing but NDB's to navigate with? Just wondering if it would be worth applying for. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Anything about warbelow's or Alaska.

Warbelows

Warbelows is a very good company to work for. They have a major share of the village traffic going out of Fairbanks. If you never worked in Fairbanks; if you worked theDelta/Bethel/Anchorage/or the SE than you wouldnt have heard of them.

Delta, Bethel, Dillingham, King Salmon, Dutch Harbour, and all points in between, but that was in 80-83, a long time ago.

Pm me

Shoot me a private and I think I can answer some of your questions.

Anyone up there hiring at the moment?
Planning on going up there in a couple months lookin' for a job.
I have 4000hrs, 1500multi. Any leads appreciated
Thanks.

We're civilized - we have VORs! Unless you fly bigger aircraft, most pilots fly VFR. MEAs are very high and temperatures at altitude allow for icing all year round. A friend of mine flies 737s for a living and a 185 for fun. He says he very rarely flies the 185 IFR.

I'd highly recommend coming up, although I don't know anything about any of the employers. Visibility is usually either unlimited or nonexistent. I occasionally fly with my Dad in the east (Pennsylvania) and I initially found the haze back there to be very unnerving. The scenery up here is spectacular, too. Nothing beats a CAVU day in Alaska!

Anyone have info on employers up in Alaska?
I heard warbelows is hiring, any others?
What about outside fairbanks or ANC, there must be some helpful bush pilot out there some where.

Appreciated!

For what it's worth.....

Most all of Warbelows pilots are looking to jump ship.... On one hand, this means job openings. On the other hand, ....ask yourself why.

Any warbelow pilots on this board?
The pay seems fairly good, why would they be wanting to jump ship? Could be management.
Do they have a good reputation is AK?

thanks

Latest resources

Back