• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone been able to confirm or deny if Paul Majer is going to be at the AirInc seminar next month in ATL? He is a hiring guy with AkAir.

I would like to know this as well - it will have a direct bearing on whether I attend and plunk down $200; although if someone from FedEx or Southwest is there I'll go just for that too.

Ted,

Paul Majer isn't a hiring guy, he is the Chief Pilot. You might want to know this if you want to work for Alaska.

Just call the recruiting office directly - they'll tell you who will be there. They are all extremely nice.

Man, big screw up huh? Sorry, I have been trying to find out who Paul Majer is. I was gathering from some previous threads that he was an HR guy. Glad I asked. I know a couple of people who work there, in a round about way, but they have not called me back to tell me. Thanks for the correction, can't tell you how much I appreciate that. I will give them a call. Thanks again.

I'm just curious, are you saying to call the Alaska recruiting office? I am hoping to hear from them soon but I would call them directly if I had their number. Is it posted anywhere or do you know how to contact them?
This is really a great company with a tremendous situation right at this time, I am just glad I know some of the pilots over there.

TIA

I wouldn't call the HR people, but try faxing them your resume with a cover letter and rec. letter(s) from your Alaska buds. Their fax number is (206)574-1950; it will go directly to their HR folks and this is the number off of the Alaska website. Yes, it is truly a great company with "happy to be there" kinda folks, if you know what I mean! Good luck and God bless!

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knows when this job fair in ATL is and if Alaska is really going to have anyone there? Thanks a lot.

Hey Striker,

Now that your know who Paul Majer is, you might want to research Linious McGee, Raymond Marshall, Charles Willis, Ronald Cosgrave, Bruce Kennedy, and possibly even John F. Kelly and William S. Ayer.

I've heard these names can come up in the interview. They ask these type of questions to see if you've really have enough interest in ALK, and that it's not just another company to apply to.

Another way they do this is by asking some of the locations they fly to in Alaska. An answer of ANC, FAI, JNU, and ah, ah, ah, ....can't think of any more; will express a lack of interest in the foudation of the company. Know where they go! Know that they fly to more Mexican destinations than the one that's most embedded into our brains over the radio during the last few months.

Basically Striker, I'm not trying to discourage you, but you got some serious research to do to catch up to your competition. ALK gives the call about a week or two prior to an interview. It took me about 8-10 months to get a copy of "The Alaska Airline Story" from a small second hand book store in Fairbanks. It's a very informative, but extremly difficult out-of-print book to get a hold of.

Latest resources

Back