Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dogg

it does not matter anyway
For anyone that is interested: Our bid 2003-01 posted today for Alaska Airlines at 17:00 PDT with the following new hire positions

SEA B737-4/7/900 F/O-----42
SEA MD83..............F/O-----28
LAX B737-4/7/900 F/O-----17
LAX MD83..............F/O-----11
ANC 737-200.........F/O------0

Total new hires by 01/03...98

The website still states that they are not accepting apps. Any idea when/if they're going to open the window?

ALK app

I believe towards the end of the summer they will have an online app on the website. Until then, their taking Horizon pilots and others in the system (SB's) that have shown long term interest in ALK well before 9/11.
I don't think their in a real hurry to publish the new app being that they already have hundreds, if not, thousands of well qualified applicants in the system that either have Air Group (Horizon) experience and/or SB letters.
If you not in the system with a SB, stay tuned to the website.

It is our understanding that those numbers do not account for any retirements at all. If you want to get hired and don't have a good friend who will refer you( that is what it is called now, not silver bullet) then attend any conference(WIA, AIR inc., OBAP etc..) that Alaska is attending and talk to them. They will keep your information and you can be called for an interview just from that process.

OBAP...

I wonder what would happen if a white guy went to an OBAP convention to talk to the Alaska reps....that's one I'd like to see.....

I wonder what would happen if a white guy went to an OBAP convention to talk to the Alaska reps....that's one I'd like to see.....

Lots have and many have been hired.

Re: OBAP...

de727ups said:

I have a friend that was hired that way!

Contrary to what one might think, I believe OBAP membership is open to anyone - you don't have to be black, or even a minority.

Their membership guidelines state:
Full membership is extended to any FAA Inspector, pilot, or former pilot with a scheduled, nonscheduled, or charter airline. This membership is conditioned only upon the member ascribing to the goals and objectives of OBAP.

Latest resources

Back