Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go ahead!

qxeplt:
OK, you go ahead and risk a multi million dollar career on a hope that the stuff stays testable for only a couple of days.

For the rest of you, I'd err towards the safe side and quit if you feel you may have an interview coming up.

Good luck!

Hey av8instyle,

From an Alaska pilot's point of view, can you shed some light on the pros and cons for working at Alaska? I don't know any Alaska pilots, but I hear it's a great place to work (good quality of life, etc) and I'm just curious. Thanks!

I know that Alaska is big on turbine PIC, anyone know how musch is needed? I think they required 650 in the past, but since they dropped that is 650 still enough or are they looking for 1000.

Thanks

ASA stuff

BRlinepilot:

I haven't been there that long, but I can tell you this much: From the moment I walked onto the property, they treated me outstanding! I can't say enough good about this company. it seems to be one of the airline industry's best kept secrets. Financially, next to SWA, Alaska is the healthiest airline. ASA had over 500m in cash reserves on 9-11. This, plus the expansion plans, were the reasons we did not get the big "F" word. ASA has been profitable every year since 1970 with the exception of 2 years in the mid 90's and the time frame surrounding the crash a couple of years ago.
Pay in near the top for narrow body's. We make about the same as UPS pilots, which, a couple of years ago was the top industry pay period.
Although we have been expanding eastward lately, we generally have a north-south route structure, which is nice on the body. I think that means you get more than the standard two years after retirement to spend your dough.
I personally knew that ASA would be my last stop if thet are able to survive, and they've done that pretty well for 70 years.

AT43:
ASA used to have a 750 turbine PIC requirement. They dropped that requirement back in 1997. I'm not sure why they dropped it but they hired a bunch of my buds that had ZERO TPIC. Since then, however, the airline got a new Chief Pilot who is more into the TPIC. The amount is not a show stopper, though, as I got on with less than 300TPIC. Keep in mind that mine was in the F-16 and I'm not sure how fighter time is weighed compared to civ TPIC. I think the bottom line is they're gonna want SOME. Of course, right now they can obviously afford to be picky.

All:
Just heard from ALPA rep who's reporting tha company says probably open the hiring doors this summer.
Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back