AK pilots...commute from San Juans?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LandGreen

Just curious if there were any SEA based pilots commuting from San Juans. THIS place is apparently walking distance to the local airport.

Thx

Don't know about the commuting possibilities, but, just for reference, as far as I know, Kenmore doesn't actually go to the airport on Lopez, rather they land at Fisherman's Bay on floats. Nevertheless, it's beautiful there, pretty cool if you could pull it off.

Last edited:
I commute out of the San Juan Islands in the summer. It usually is fairly simple if you plan ahead, but the weather can change quickly and you always need a back up plan. There are a couple of water taxi operators that serve Anacortes from the San Juan Islands. Island Express and Paraclete charter are the most reliable. It takes 2 hours to drive from Anacortes to SeaTac without traffic. Kennmore is always great to jumpseat on. They have fixed wheel scheduled service out of Friday Harbor and floatplane service from most of the other islands. If your planning on living in the San Juan Islands I would suggest renting for a while on several different islands to see which one fits your needs the best. Each island has it's own personality. Life in the San Juan Islands is the best! Good luck!

Latest resources

Back